2. Age of hamster? a little over 2
3. Bedding used? pine, i believe. (yes, i know it's not the best, but my mom would kill me if i threw out the bag of bedding she bought. it won't happen again)
4. What kind of food do you feed? a seed and dried fruit mixture. also some wierd little log type things. treats are this wooden chew ball thing and carrot thingys.
5. What type of cage are they in? 2 crittertrails and 2 other that are identical. the kind that's not wire and not ovo.
6. Has there been any recent cleaning with chemicals or air fresheners near the hamster cage? no
7. How often do you clean the cage and how? once a week, we put him in his ball around 4 and we dismantle and clean the whole setup
8. Any odd or unsusual odors? no
9. What symptoms are they showing? the left paw and the left side of his face seem paralyzed or immobile. he seems to sort of use his leg to get through his tunnels though. I'm worried that it may have been a stroke. He's moving kind of odd. When he's in our hands in moves in a constant circle, but he seems to be getting around his cage well enough.
10. Do you feed fresh foods (lettuce, carrots, etc)? How often? When are they removed from the cage? i've not done that
11. Have you added anything new to the hamster's cage? no, not recently
I really just want to know if my baby is okay or if he is dying or if he is just getting old. I've read a couple of things, so we're trying to get food and water in him, but he's sort of ignoring it. We're going to try again in the morning and then later on tomorrow evening. Please tell me anything helpful you can think of.
Edited by Nicky1388, 24 January 2009 - 03:59 PM.