Photo

Red tiny pin-head size bugs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 babyshearer

babyshearer

Banned

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 08:33 PM

Hi everybody...

I think i really need some advice on my new bought Robos. I bought it from a buyer not knowing that it has a number of tiny reddish (pin-head size) bugs on an infected area near its bump. I have got a shock when i realise that there is actually blood when i killed the bug.

Any advice, i think they are blood suckers? Or is there any spray available that i can use to combat against the bugs?
I really need urgent help .....

Randy (Singapore)

#2 dusty

dusty

Popstar Ham

• Admin Team
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 11:30 AM

hi babyshearer, sorry for replying late, how's your hamster now? u can try some flea powder (look for 'safe for hamster' tag on the label), else ask your vet for advice to identify the bugs.

try to clean the bedding daily to ensure the bugs do not multiply easily.

btw, where did u get your hamster from?

#3 Kokol

Kokol

Banned

• Banned
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 06:51 AM

Sorry to hear that I believe what the hamster has are ticks they also stick to humans and cause Lime Disease. this is really nothing you can do just dont let the ticks get on you :scared:

#4 Kokol

Kokol

Banned

• Banned
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 06:51 AM

Ticks are everywhere here in the United States :biggrin: EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW

#5 HampyIntheHouse

HampyIntheHouse

Baby Hamster

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 07:55 AM

Hi hamster bosses,

Thanks for all your replies. Praying frequently over the days for my poor little robos. I even have to isolate it in a super small cage and its filled with the tick vapour. I mean if i don't do it now, the ticks are working their way into the poor male robo.

I actually purchase this robo it from 1person a few weeks ago. Think its quite inconsiderate of him to pass to me a dieased hampy. Anyway, please help me to keep my robos in prayer as well. God will help and He is good :)

Randy

#6 wiffy

wiffy

Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 02:06 AM

hi, erm... where did u buy the hamsters from?

Doesn't sound good. Have u thought of bring your hamsters to the vet? The vet will be able to give some powder to completely kill off the bug. As an exception, u can also consider giving them a quick bath to clean them (ONLY if their body has no open wounds!) ... I really recommend a vet ... I am worried that the bugs/fleas/lice whatever it is hid themselves inside the hammies fur ... update us!

#7 horselover

horselover

Junior Hamster

• 189 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 06:05 AM

try calling a vet to see if they can tell you over the phone about what the bugs could be. If you can, an actual visit would be even better, but I know some parents won't go for taking small animals to the vet (like mine), or you may not have the resources. Do you see heads, or do they appear to be burried inside the ham? Try doing some research on this, and I will too.