Photo

D. Gray Man

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Plushie

Plushie

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:59 AM

I was wondering if any of you know what D. Gray Man is. XD I recently discovered Cloudpuff has found out about Dgm (like...a month ago? *hits head*) so I was wondering if anyone else knows about it. *crosses fingers*

The anime recently ended, which totally sucks :/ But the manga is still going, so yay! n_n

I'll post pictures if anyone wants, but I'm too lazy to right now XD Plus, I don't know if I'll be able to get access to my Dgm folder...my computer freezes when I open it, since I have, what, over 200 icons/images of pure Dgm-otakuness in there XD

#2 Kiki_Hammy

Kiki_Hammy

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:22 AM

Never heard of it....What's it about?

#3 Plushie

Plushie

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:36 PM

I'm like, really lazy, even when it comes to my favorite things. So I'll give you the Onemanga description and the Wikipedia description XD

Onemanga:

Akuma, monsters born from dead souls mistakenly recalled by their loved ones to the living world, are the weapons of the Millenium Earl, who is intent on the destruction of the world. Allen Walker has been cursed with an anti-Akuma weapon as his left arm and an eye that sees the former soul of the Akuma since his youth. He is also one of the few who contain "Innocence", a substance that allows him to kill Akuma and fight the Earl. With these powers, he joins the Black Priest Organization as an Exorcist and sets out with other Exorcists to stop the Earl's attempts to annihilate the human race.

The thing I hate about OM is that the descriptions are sooo cheesy XD

Wikipedia: (hopefully, a LOT less cheesier XD)

Set during the end of a fictional nineteenth century on Earth, D.Gray-man mostly centers around 15-year-old Allen Walker. In his childhood Allen was abandoned by his parents due to a 'deformed' left arm and a man called Mana Walker adopted him. At some moment Mana died and Allen tried to revive him with the help of a person called Millennium Earl. Allen revives him but Mana reappears as a creature called Akuma that is ordered by the Millennium Earl to kill him. During that moment Allen is gifted with the ability to control a weaponized form of a divine substance from ages past, called Innocence and accidentally kills Mana. After that Allen discovers that the Millennium Earl turns to trick those who have lost loved ones to turn their deads' souls into Akuma and decides to train to stop him. Soon he becomes a Exorcist from the Black Order, a secretive organization aims to stop the plan set in motion by the Millennium Earl and try to seal all the Akuma. However, the Earl has raised an army of Akuma, created by taking advantage of grief over a loved one's death, and summons the direct descendants of Noah himself, the 13-strong Noah Clan, to aid him in his second attempt. Because of the Akuma's ability to wear a human's skin, they are nearly undetectable by any human. Allen proves to be a powerful asset as his 'cursed' left eye is able to detect the Akuma.

Oh, and fyi, this series isn't actually very much about religion. Because, well, it doesn't really support one religion over the other XD But it's cool anyways.
The plot is awesome, the art is awesome, the akuma are scary (like they're supposed to be...wait until you see Level 4 >_>'''), the characters are awesome (even LERO is cool. and he's a talking umbrella. the only character I hate is Lenalee XD), everything is so cool XD

YAY THERE'S NEW DGM *runs to Onemanga to read it* :hyper:

Edited by Plushie, 09 November 2008 - 01:41 PM.

#4 Dorkieex3

Dorkieex3

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:50 AM

My best friend is OBSESSED with it, but I don't know much about it myself...

#5 LeslieMarie

LeslieMarie

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:29 AM

I *just* recently started watching it. It's been a big hit among people who attend the anime convention I go to. I'm slow sometimes. xD It's a reeaaaaallly long anime, so I've kind of been dreading watching it.. =X

#6 Mysteriousmagic

Mysteriousmagic

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:37 AM

Sorry about the bumping-up-the-old-thread-thing.

I love D.Gray-Man! I watched the whole anime series in about two weeks, and the next manga comes out in November. XD

My friend and I are also writing a FanFic. :3

#7 Mint Griffiths

Mint Griffiths

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:33 AM

Yes I like D. Gray-Man! I own like 3 of the manga! Read some online as well..Have all the songs Gendou had to offer of the site! (Gendou is a site you can download anime music on you have to get an accout but its free..)
What I can remember from on of the volumes. Number 2 I think?
Komui: LENALEE!!!
Komui: How coul you get married without telling you dear brother!
Allen and Yuu: ...
Reever: Sorry about that. That's the only way to wake him up.

I laughed my guts out at this part... There's funny parts and serious parts! ;)

#8 Magi_Axi_Ruin

Magi_Axi_Ruin

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

One of my most fav manga. Sadly, a lot of people I know say that it's not interesting. Haha. Maybe because this manga is too dark?