Photo

Crittertrail, Habitrail, & SAM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dreamer7787

Dreamer7787

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:21 AM

Are the tubing an additions from these compatible? On the box of my Crittertrail Expansion kit 3 it says they are, but I was wondering what experience other people have had with them.

Thanks! :goodvibes:

#2 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,349 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:26 AM

Yep, they are! I own all of these brands and they connect. HARTZ, however does NOT connect. I've tried every possible way and it just doesn't fit. (unless you have a tube going down the top, but have to secure it as the hole is too big)

Habitrail OVO also connects if you use the regular plastic tube connector pieces, but it's too tight to get the non-OVO tubes into the twist-lock rubber rings that come with all OVO products. :)

Edited by HoppingHammy, 06 October 2008 - 06:15 AM.

#3 -- Hamstergirl

-- Hamstergirl

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:16 AM

Yep!
I have all those types of tubes and they fit fine :)
But I have found that some Crittertrail tubes are a bit hard to connect to Ovo tubes and it's been hard to disconnect them too...but when you do connect them they fit fine ;)

#4 PoptartShop

PoptartShop

Angelic Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:01 AM

Yeah, they are. SAM can connect to CT's, Habitrail's, etc. :D

#5 Dreamer7787

Dreamer7787

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:52 PM

Thanks much!

Are there any other cage add ons that work with them?

#6 HammyLove

HammyLove

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:18 AM

Wow!! I'm glad this topic was started because I was told at the pet store that the different brands will not work together. They said they make them that way so you have to stay with one brand. Once again, steered wrong by a pet store! :sarcastic:

#7 Dreamer7787

Dreamer7787

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:40 AM

Wow!! I'm glad this topic was started because I was told at the pet store that the different brands will not work together. They said they make them that way so you have to stay with one brand. Once again, steered wrong by a pet store! :sarcastic:

I never trust what people at petstores say cause they're usually wrong. :cheeky:

#8 xHamster_Pawsx

xHamster_Pawsx

Veteran Hamster

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:46 PM

I hate habbitrail and crittertale there to small for your hamster!! but my opinion.,,

#9 Dreamer7787

Dreamer7787

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:17 AM

I hate habbitrail and crittertale there to small for your hamster!! but my opinion.,,

That's why I want to get more add-ons for it, but since I'm a broke college student I'm looking on ebay. I'm just not exactly sure what hooks up well to these cages. Ginger loves the loop thing that I got her. She randomly runs around up there. I want to get a whole other cage to connect to it.

For example: would this cage connect to the tubes I have?

Posted Image

*edit* And yes I know that the floor levels aren't hammy friendly. ;)

Edited by Dreamer7787, 08 October 2008 - 09:20 AM.

#10 -- Hamstergirl

-- Hamstergirl

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:20 AM

Yep, those tubes to the cage looks like they would connect to other brand's tubes :)

Ginger loves the loop thing that I got her

Lol, I have a loop tube too for Sandy and she also just LOVES running around it too :D

Edited by Hamstergirl98, 08 October 2008 - 09:24 AM.

#11 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,349 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:21 AM

What is a "loop wheel"? :scratchchin:

#12 -- Hamstergirl

-- Hamstergirl

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:23 AM

What is a "loop wheel"? :scratchchin:

Oh, oops, I meant to say Loop Tube...I was thinking of wheels at the time :tongue:

*Edits post*

Edited by Hamstergirl98, 08 October 2008 - 09:24 AM.

#13 flowenots

flowenots

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:48 AM

Hello everyone... my first post here.

Im a first time hamster owner and was wondering about how well do habitrail OVO work with the old habitrail?

Our siberian dwarf hamster "Rex" loves hes OVO but i see theres lot of different addons on the old habitrail id like to get him.

P.S. If anyone was wondering... no he can climb the tubes up but if you turn them in 45decree angle its perfect!

#14 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:37 AM

Welcome to the forum flowenots. :wave: Next tiem please make your own topic instead of bringing up an old one. ;)

To answer your questions all Habitrail, SAM and Crittertrail accessories can interconnect. I am certain Rex would love more room as Ovo's are very small cages. In my opinion hamsters need more room then a single Habitrail/crittertrail/SAM cage.

#15 Halikar

Halikar

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

That's why I want to get more add-ons for it, but since I'm a broke college student I'm looking on ebay. I'm just not exactly sure what hooks up well to these cages. Ginger loves the loop thing that I got her. She randomly runs around up there. I want to get a whole other cage to connect to it.

For example: would this cage connect to the tubes I have?

Posted Image

*edit* And yes I know that the floor levels aren't hammy friendly. ;)

Hello, my first post, and it's a question that has been vexing me. My daughter just got her first hamster, a young one given to her by her best friend after her friends hamster had babies. My wife and I used to have a bunch of hamster tubes and such, but we apparently lost it all in our last move, so we accepted an almost complete cage set from a neighbor (one similar to the picture in Dreamer7787's post above, but only a single teir).

Problem, the tube set is incomplete, leaving a hole needing to be filled to prevent escape; tubes appear to be CritterTrail, but attempting to connect SAM or Habitrail tubes doesn't work as the tubes are just a tad larger. I'm hoping someone can identify if these are indeed CritterTrail or not, if not what they are so we can get the correct tubing, or if they are CritterTrail why they are slightly to big to connect properly with SAM or Habitrail.

I can provide a picture if needed, but the one above is a similar style.

Thanks much, my daughter and I hope to nose around here more as we go. :)