Photo

Hagen Nutricblocks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#31 ice_orange11

ice_orange11

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 07:03 AM

I think if you are going to give your hams those things you should at least try giving them the hamster food that comtains those things to see if they eat them.

#32 Frozen Vixen

Frozen Vixen

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:19 PM

Heya
I'm wondering which of the brands (i.e. Harlan, Mazuri and Extrusion) is best for the hamsters... Does it cover all the nutritional needs?

Just wondering^^
Thanks

#33 Butterpeanut

Butterpeanut

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:04 AM

Do the hamsters like lab blocks more than seed mixes? (I'm sure the lab blocks are healthier!!
:chef: )...  I'll have to try these lab blocks out!  :biggrin: Are they just 4 syrians (too big 4 dwarf hamsters?) Also, I heard about these "Simply Sprouts" things on http://www.theratshop.com/shop.php?cat=3 ... I can't tell if they're selling them for treats, or 4 food...? (and is it rats only, so my hamsters can't have them...?)  :bread: 

#34 HaxRomana

HaxRomana

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:28 AM

Do the hamsters like lab blocks more than seed mixes? (I'm sure the lab blocks are healthier!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a little late on this answer, but it really depends on your hammie. My vet reccomended Regal Rat for Petra, and she loved the sample I gave her. However, when I went out to buy a bag of the food (fourteen bucks for a bag of food!), she stopped liking it. She eats it now as an occasional treat, but if I try to give it to her as her main diet she goes on a hunger strike.

So, it depends!

#35 _clairexbear

_clairexbear

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:07 AM

I give my hamster food from Living World and it has the same recipe I think. It's called "Classical"

#36 Meowmies

Meowmies

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Writer Team
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:44 AM

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

I've never seen any lab blocks in the UK, are there any available here that are okay for hamsters?

#37 SimplyHamm

SimplyHamm

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:28 PM

NutriBlocks are healthy for hamsters correct?

#38 wt_z

wt_z

Baby Hamster

• 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:17 PM

i juz spoke to the local distributor for hagen. he will try to bring in 2 cartons of nutricblocks (1.6kg) in new packaging for me. however, the arrival data cannot be confirmed yet as not sure when the estimated shipping period for his orders will be.

btw, the reason for the unavailability is tat he still has 50 cartons (each carton has 4 packs) of expired nutricblocks in his warehouse. he feels tat the demand is really very low n thus considering whether to bring in new shipment. sad thing is the product itself is very gd but not many petshops noe how 2 market it.

if any1 is interested in getting nutricblocks too, let me noe the size n quantity u need n i c wat i can do :veryhappy:

hey i need some for my little darlings. i have 2 winter whites. :goodvibes: i'm new to pet-keeping, basically know nuts 'bout hamsters. how much will i need? :scratchchin:

#39 Ella199688

Ella199688

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:00 PM

Can I have some? What brand is it? I don't mind the price. Where is the petshop where you are looking for it? Have you tried Petlover's Center in Holland Village? There are lots of hamster foods there. By the way, there is a very good brand of supplementary food for hamsters called Mari Mari Vegetable salad or something like that. It's in the petlover center at holland V. It's low in fat nad high in fiber and minerals. Ugh! My house is shaking from the construction for the MRT tunnel underneath my house. Hope it doesn't fall over me.

#40 Furkies

Furkies

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

I don't think they are necessary for hamsters, IMO.

#41 NelsonAlice

NelsonAlice

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:34 AM

I can't find these here (in NY, USA) doesn't have them.

What blocks would you guys recommend?

#42 Badboyzon9

Badboyzon9

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

I can't find these here (in NY, USA) doesn't have them.

What blocks would you guys recommend?

There is a PetSmart in Staten Island, try Mazuri, after feeding this pellets to my hamsters, they been on wheels longer than before!!!!!! =D

#43 NelsonAlice

NelsonAlice

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:56 AM

There is a PetSmart in Staten Island, try Mazuri, after feeding this pellets to my hamsters, they been on wheels longer than before!!!!!! =D

Thanks. I tried Mazuri, I don't like them--seem to contain corn and such.

I recently found Oxbow Healthy Handfuls. They look like dark brown Cheerio's and they have been great. No seeds or corn and the hamsters finish them daily.

Would definitely recommend.