Photo

Skydiving / bodyflying

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 lelly

lelly

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:34 AM

Ok so today me and my fiance went to this place called Airkix Indoor skydiving & bodyflying witch is situated at Xscape Milton Keynes ( in live in peterborough, England)

We decided to go for the bodyflying mainly it is basicaly the same as bodyflying since your in a wind tunnel that has big fans putting winds of up to 120mph at you to make you fly all the way up drop all the way down so you can learn how to do tricks or practice for skydiving it is really fun (expensive to)

but i would say if any of you love the rush but erm lets say dont have the guts or wish to jump out of a plane it is really for you its the same apart from you can not die (well as far as i no) and you only have to be over 4 years old to do it :D with parents consent anyways but no people over 18 stone, pregnant, back problems, heart problems and you must tell them if you have ever dislocated your shoulder..

Well anyways i just thought id share how great it was with you and here is the web link incase you are intrested :D i will be going back end of september :D

http://www.airkix.com/

#2 Cheeky

Cheeky

Action Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

Are you kidding?!
Jumping out of a plane looks amazing. I plan to take it up as a hobby as soon as I'm legally allowed, since I'll never get consent from my parents.

I'm up for any kind of adrenaline-inducing stuff. I'm gonna go and ride this for my birthday.

To be honest though, that bodyflying stuff looks freaking scary. I'd find a lot of comfort knowing I had a parachute or a cord of something keeping me safe.

#3 viggysidney

viggysidney

Veteran Hamster

• Writer Team
  • 712 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:17 PM

Haha that's on my NOT TO DO list. I would go for the bodyflying, though. But, I remember when I went to the fair with my best friend and went on the biggest rollercoaster, I was literally praying. It was funny on the smaller rollercoaster 'cause, my best friend and I were yelling for our moms LOL. I do love the water rollercoasters, though. But yea, I would never go skydiving nor bungee jumping.

#4 lelly

lelly

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:12 PM

"To be honest though, that bodyflying stuff looks freaking scary. I'd find a lot of comfort knowing I had a parachute or a cord of something keeping me safe."

body flying is safer :D your are in a vertical tunnel that has fans that go so fast, you cant really hurt your self since if you fall you land on a soft but strong netting :D

Edited by lelly, 01 September 2008 - 11:13 PM.

#5 Cheeky

Cheeky

Action Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:29 PM

Oh, there's netting.
That's a different story. I'll do it now. ;)

#6 Supermunchie

Supermunchie

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:38 PM

The bodyflying sounds really fun! I love the thought of flying :laughing:

#7 lelly

lelly

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:40 PM

yeah so between my hamsters, me to you bear collection, collge and bodyflying/skydiving i spend alot of money and dont have much time left after lol