Photo

All to new home

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 hamsterlurve

hamsterlurve

Baby Hamster

• 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:28 AM

hi all

my hamsters are in a new home now. my girl who is 8 years old had infections in her lungs. she has history of asthma though. all this while she is fine but a few months back she was not well and hubby advice me to give away my hamsters including the most loved by the kids, Lola. I still hang on, i kept the puddings kayla and jay but have to part with them as well.

Still have many hamster foods and 2 more cages and 2 bin cages .... looking at the empty cages made my younger son cried and keep on asking me to get back the hamsters.

For your info, I start keeping hamsters as pets since last year ... my first hamster was Renee (passed away recently), she was adopted by my cousin when my girl was sick.

After she was well about a few months later, I bought and adopted a few hamsters nww named him fitz (adopted by a friend) and then fanny (adopted by a friend), dova (adopted by my cousin), furby (adopted by a friend), kookies (had pups with Fitz, adopted by a friend and some of the pups adopted by a member in other forum), lola (adopted by a friend), max (adopted by a friend), lea & ben (adopted by my nephew), kayla and jay (adopted by a friend). Also a few other hamsters .... which are mostly darfs hamsters... My other friends who knows about my girls conditions also had given up their hamsters and a friend adopted them as well.

Thanks to her for all her patients and understanding - I mentioned "adopted by a friend", she is theresa, I think she is a member in this forum too. I appreciated her kindess so much.

I do hope my girl will get better and we can continue to have hamsters as pets, life is so blank without my hamsters, I can feel it ... My younger son keep on asking me to get back the hamsters.

I still keep the memories of them in my online album ... will compile and show them here ....

I do hope and pray, we can still keep hamsters as pets one day .....