Photo

Manila Anyone?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 dizflip

dizflip

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:28 AM

I was wondering if anyone here has ever visited Manila...

Metro Manila (Makati in Center)
Posted Image

Cityscape
Posted Image

In the media, you hear that Manila is dirty, ugly, and filled with crime. You may also think that the Philippines is very very poor. Well, truth is, Manila is ranked as a World City, in the same ranking as Copenhagen, Berlin, Shanghai and Kuala Lumpur. Philippines is also a Newly Industrialized Country, which is half way between third world and first world.

Anyway, I've been to Manila numerous times (being a filipino), and I've always enjoyed my visit.
There are many things they can improve on tho... like the overhead power lines (just ugly ew) and the squatters (they actually are improving immensly though). Here are some pics taken mostly by friends. :)

Makati City, Metro Manila - Philippines' Financial Center
Posted Image

Old Manila (Intramuros) and Binondo
Posted Image

Posted Image

---

Manila Baywalk
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

---

Manila is also home to the 5th largest mall in the world!
Posted Image

#2 Chocolate Rainbows

Chocolate Rainbows

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:47 AM

Kumusta! Yup, I have visited Manila. I am half filippino and visited a while back - and when I was too ickle to remember. I really enjoyed spending lots of money on clothes - since everything over there is alot cheaper than in England.

#3 dizflip

dizflip

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:44 AM

Kumusta! Yup, I have visited Manila. I am half filippino and visited a while back - and when I was too ickle to remember. I really enjoyed spending lots of money on clothes - since everything over there is alot cheaper than in England.

Wow! Kumusta!
A lot of things have changed since then, I assure you. You probably won't even recognize it if you visit again. :D
Yes, there are lots and lots of malls there.

#4 Dezilu

Dezilu

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

You've got some awesome photography skills! :D

At first I thought this topic was gonna be about Manila envelopes.
I was like "Wtf? Why is it in the travel section?"
I figured it was because they kind of travel through the mailing process...
Until I opened the thread. xD

#5 wiffy

wiffy

Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

After seeing your photos I feel like visiting Manila!! Great shots! The sky looks dramatic!! :thumbsup:

#6 dizflip

dizflip

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

Dezilu: Hehe, nope!! The envelop is named after the tree where they came from which is named after the city they were found in. :D And btw, some people I know from a different forum took those pictures. :)

wiffy: Totally! I suggest not visiting this year tho! Not a very good year for all of us. The new airport terminal will open next year to most likely Singapore Airlines. You can use it then!

I FOUND some pics of the new airport terminal 3, which isn't near as nice as Singapore's Changi New Terminal 3.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

It's THE NICEST AIRPORT in the ENTIRE COUNTRY!

Edited by dizflip, 26 June 2008 - 03:33 PM.

#7 robinhamster

robinhamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:40 PM

lol i thought of manila envelopes before i opened the thread too :P

The place looks pretty. i'd like to visit it actually.
and the outside of the airport looks like our airport the way the trees and planted and everything :D

#8 dizflip

dizflip

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

^ Well, Manila looks like an American City because it used to be an American Territory! Almost everything we do is based on America even building!

Here's a photo that I ACTUALLY TOOK :D last year. This one's posted in wikipedia. :D
Posted Image

Here are the rest of the pics from last year. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is a theme park there
Posted Image

and here's that 5th largest mall again
Posted Image

Edited by dizflip, 26 June 2008 - 04:09 PM.

#9 Chocolate Rainbows

Chocolate Rainbows

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

^^ hehe I SEE SHOEMARTT! I remember when we last went there we shopped there like crazy :tongue: I don't think it was that branch though. Oh yes and the drug store. We did visit Manila but my family and stuff live somewhere else - all I can remember is it's not far from Manila. But yeah, we really did enjoy spending our money cheapily :laughing: (I think I've already said that...)

#10 dizflip

dizflip

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:20 AM

not sure when you went to Manila, but that's the country's newest one so you probably went to the older one like SM Megamall or SM Manila.