Photo

Official HH 2008 Hamtoria's Secret Project

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#1 wiffy

wiffy

Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:17 PM

Posted Image

What is the "HH Hamtoria's Secret Project"?

The HH Hamtoria's Secret Project is a collection of original & high quality hamster or hamster-related photos and art work contributed by Hamster Hideout members. Selected submissions will be used for upcoming updates to Hamster Hideout (such as ecards, 2009 HH Calendars, wallpapers and illustrating articles).

Why should you contribute?
- Your hamster will become famous!
- You are contributing to new and vibrant content on Hamster Hideout.
- You will win an award certificate of appreciation if your submission is selected and published on HH.

Qualifying Period
- We accept submissions from now all the way till end of 2008. We hope to receive many contributions by then. Awards will be given out in the later half of the year.

Submission Criteria
- No words, or watermark on the photos submitted (they will be added by HH).
- The photo can be anything relating to hamsters (example, hamster being held, hamster babies, hamster cage and accessories) as long as it is clear and of high quality.
- If you are contributing for wallpaper, please submit the photo/artwork with a minimum size of 2560px (width) by 1600 px (height).

Terms and Conditions
- The photo or art work must be original and owned by you.
- You agree to Hamster Hideout's copyright on the photo. Your name or nickname will be credited in the photo/article/page where it is used.
[Clarification: The final processed (resized, touched up, cropped) photo will have a watermark containing a HH copyright. A credit to the contributor will be included either in the photo or article/page where the photo is used. This will ensure that the original owner is acknowledged by HH and to prevent other people from saving the photo from HH directly and using them elsewhere without permission.]

How to Submit
Submit your photos and art works (the more, the merrier - no limits, but must be of high quality) to:

hamtoriasecret (at) hamsterhideout [dot] com or clickie here

Please remember to include the name that you wish to be credited with.

Edited by wiffy, 10 June 2008 - 09:35 PM.

#2 Chocolate Rainbows

Chocolate Rainbows

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:09 PM

cool idea! I might submit a few of Cookie and when I get a new card for my camera I can get more.

#3 Tom

Tom

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:35 PM

Hi all heres some pics of misty i would be happy for you to have :D

[Note from wiffy: Thanks Tom, I have saved your photos to my computer, and deleted the links. Thanks! :D ]

Edited by wiffy, 04 June 2008 - 08:58 AM.

#4 beep41

beep41

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:45 AM

tomandmisty, the third pic is the best

#5 -- Hamstergirl

-- Hamstergirl

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:38 AM

Cool!
I'll submit some pics of Sandy and her stuff!

#6 Meowmies

Meowmies

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Writer Team
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:31 AM

I sent you some pictures but forgot to give you the name to credit them with - Meowmies. :)

#7 Kaede

Kaede

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:18 AM

Hmm... I don't have a hamster yet. But I have an idea of how to create something hamster related without having a hamster. :3
I'll submit my 'surprise' thing later. :3

#8 wiffy

wiffy

Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

Thank you tomandmisty (I have already saved the photos to my computer) so I have deleted the links.

A big thank you to those who sent their photos via email. And keep them coming! :hyper: I look forward to receiving more in my mailbox. You can never have too many pics to work with, so there is no limit to how many u can send as long as they are clear and good quality. They may not need to be hamster mug shots, it can be of a cage or them chewing the bars (as long as it is a clear shot), as photos can also be used to illustrate articles.

Thanks again everyone! :lovestruck:

#9 PoptartShop

PoptartShop

Angelic Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:28 PM

I'm definitely going to send some in this week. :D Cool idea!!

#10 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:34 AM

Ok then I will be sending some in.

-edit- I tried changing my size for the pics so that they fit the requirements but my camera loads them on rather small (640X480) and when ever I try to make the pics bigger they loose their quality. I will try and play around some more but if not then no pics from me, sorry. =(

Edited by Christmas_hamster, 05 June 2008 - 06:39 AM.

#11 Meowmies

Meowmies

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Writer Team
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:36 PM

Don't worry C_H, I don't think there is a minimum size for the hamster photos - only for any wallpaper designs. :)

#12 kisetsu

kisetsu

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:01 PM

Oh! This is the one. Not a bad idea. I will send my hamsters photos. It would be very nice to have a postcard and calendar with lotsa hamster photos. :idea:

#13 Kiki_Hammy

Kiki_Hammy

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:50 AM

Here are some pics of Kiki:

[Note from wiffy: Thanks, I have saved your photos to my computer, and deleted the links. Thanks! :D ]

Sorry there a tad blurry-we only have a poloroid camera,which is really old.

Edited by wiffy, 10 June 2008 - 09:13 AM.

#14 Laila

Laila

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

i'll send some in soon. =]

#15 Furkies

Furkies

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

Okays I got a bit lazy so I'll just coop it from my Gallery@HH post ;P

Milly.

[Note from wiffy: Thanks yang, I have saved your photos to my computer, and deleted the links. Thanks! :D ]

Edited by wiffy, 10 June 2008 - 09:14 AM.