Photo

Piercings.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#91 Chocolate Rainbows

Chocolate Rainbows

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:05 AM

Oooh new tattoos! I love your tattoo's ^.^
I would really like a wee little hearty sorta tribaley tattoo when I can have one. Just a little one :)

I also really want the other part of my ear pierced. Though I got my ears pierced when I was little and was screaming my head off. And I'd need to get it done in the holidays cos our school has ruuules.

#92 XfarmXgirlX

XfarmXgirlX

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:43 AM

Oooh I love the hello kitty one. The only tattoo I am going to get will be the deathly hallows sign, from HP. At least I think it will, might get the dark mark too. Or when I am old enough anyway ^_^.

#93 Lucas

Lucas

Ninja Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

Wwooah. This is old.
But I thought I'd post some of mine haha, and hope someone could answer my question.
Posted Image
Got this done last February. Healed up very nice. Only complaint I have is that it occasionally rubs against the inner part of my helix and causes irritation (you can see it--there's a lump there).
Also have plastic 6g plugs in. Shh, it's a secret.

Posted Image
I've had my eyebrown pierced for almsot 2 years (in august), and it's been off and on. I know it was "infected", but could never figure out why. I would get a red buble ( like a pimple), on both holes. It looked gross. Then I went out and bought a curved barbell, and ever since then, even with out extensive salt soaks and cleaning, it's healed up. Now it's fine? I was wondering if it's because maybe the ring is too heavy? It's the same one I got when I got it pierced. I never ever took it out, after almost two years. I thought maybe it was an allergy to the metal, but I got the industrial piercing at the same place, with the same metal... or so I think. Didn't realize there were so many different kinds of piercing jewlery metals. I know one of them is titanium, not sure which.
I hate the look of that one, everyone has them. I loved the ring, and never wanted to take it out. Help?

#94 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:01 AM

I'm no help with piercing care but I didn't want to say nice piercings! I've been sort of wanting the industrial for some time now but 1) I can't afford it and 2) I'm a huge wimp. And also bad you with your 6g's. :P

#95 Lucas

Lucas

Ninja Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:40 AM

Thanks! (:

When I got it done, he did it weird. He put rings in first, then charged me for the two piercings, which I think was like 60$. Then, I went back and he put the bar in when it healed a few months later, which was another 15$, LOL. But hey if you really want it done, get them done separate! Cause I have to admit, getting them done at the same time was probably the worst pain I ever felt. :\ But it's only because he did them right after each other. But I figure if you get one done, wait awhile then go get the other, then wait again THEN get the bar in it wouldn't be so bad!

I don't like excesive piercings though, on the topic of such. A friend of mine had 42 a one point. Yep. 7 on his tongue, 3 in each nipple, 6 in his belly button, his septum, bridge, nape and who knows what else. Not even joking, I'd post pictures, but I don't have his permission even though I'm sure he'd give it to me. :tongue:
I have strange friends.

I'd love to get my lip done, I've wanted it since grade 5. My mom think it'll ruin my teeth, so I guess I have to wait for that one!
That's all I'd ever get though! 6 is enough for me before I feel it's over-done.

#96 Mouse Potato

Mouse Potato

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:23 AM

My mom think it'll ruin my teeth

This is true for metal backed labrets and BCRs/bar closures. Plastic backed labrets are your friend though! No more teeth damage! (And handy when you have to disguise piercings for work...) ^w^

Right now I just have a single nose BCR. Work and education are so picky that I've had to change my look completely in order to be conservative enough. Probably getting my second nose piercing done in the summer (same nostril, pig-tail pin going to switch out to a BCR once healed)

Then, more long-term, I'm hoping to find someone to work with me on a long term corset piercing project some time in the future. No rush though, as it'll probably take several months at least to do it all. (Hoping to find a way to do a series of microdermals with slave rings, but I want to do it slowly for funds and rejection rate. Also I need to find times when my boyfriend can do all the care for me, as I can't do compresses etc on my own back too easily. ^___^;) That's probably it for me. I'd love more facial piercings, but it's too much of a hassle switching them in and out permanently to suit everyone else. >:(

Edited by Mouse Potato, 23 March 2011 - 07:24 AM.

#97 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

I don't have nay at the moment although I would like to get my ears pieced on the lobe. Anywhere else would probably be very uncomfortable for me as I am very sensitive.

#98 LoveeofZeus

LoveeofZeus

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:32 AM

I'll have to admit i dont have any, which is ok cuz im not even in high school yet so, i still have time. The only piercing I'll ever want is probably the lobe. Thats all.

#99 ~Eddie Girl~

~Eddie Girl~

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

I had my lip done at 16, ear lobes at 14, now stretched to 1.6mm and 3mm, eyebrow has been done twice but grown out twice, got scaffolding in my right ear and one cartillage one in the left, and navel <3 but i'm more a tattoo girl, got 18 of those so far.

#100 Creative Hamster

Creative Hamster

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:38 AM

I only have one on each ear lobe, and I'm kinda leaning :angel: into a second piercing above the first...but I'm too chicken :cheeky: . I got my first piercings when I was a few months old

#101 MsCrumby

MsCrumby

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

I have both lobes at 10mm, 2nd lobes done on both ears, tragus, anti tragus, helix and conch on my ears, and I also have both nostrils, septum, bridge, vertical labret, tongue and several microdermal anchors and a few other bits and pieces. I have snake bites from years ago that still haven't closed up, but I rarely wear them anymore. I also have 7 tattoos but that's a different story :laughing: My boyfriend is a piercer so I end up roped into these things real easy.

Wwooah. This is old.
But I thought I'd post some of mine haha, and hope someone could answer my question.
Posted Image
Got this done last February. Healed up very nice. Only complaint I have is that it occasionally rubs against the inner part of my helix and causes irritation (you can see it--there's a lump there).
Also have plastic 6g plugs in. Shh, it's a secret.

Posted Image
I've had my eyebrown pierced for almsot 2 years (in august), and it's been off and on. I know it was "infected", but could never figure out why. I would get a red buble ( like a pimple), on both holes. It looked gross. Then I went out and bought a curved barbell, and ever since then, even with out extensive salt soaks and cleaning, it's healed up. Now it's fine? I was wondering if it's because maybe the ring is too heavy? It's the same one I got when I got it pierced. I never ever took it out, after almost two years. I thought maybe it was an allergy to the metal, but I got the industrial piercing at the same place, with the same metal... or so I think. Didn't realize there were so many different kinds of piercing jewlery metals. I know one of them is titanium, not sure which.
I hate the look of that one, everyone has them. I loved the ring, and never wanted to take it out. Help?

Your industrial could be irritated because the bar is ever so slightly too long, and it will move about a tiny bit which causes white blood cells to rush to the area and gather forming the lump, it's really common with cartilage piercings, especially industrials but if you can pick up a slightly shorter bar or just use two tiny bars until the inside of your helix properly healed it should be fine :veryhappy: Helixes are always a pain to heal, one side sometimes heals faster than others and sometimes it can take months, mine took about a year and a half to finally settle :sarcastic:

As for your eyebrow the problem with rings at first is that they twist through the wound which irritates it during the healing process which again causes a rush to the area and can also get germs in when it twists through, even if you don't really notice the movement. Since you've had it done for a good while now though it should be properly healed and you can probably put a ring back in. Just make sure it's properly fitted and that you don't catch it, since that will irritate it again. Eyebrow piercings (and bridge piercings actually) are notoriously easy to annoy, my bridge swells up again just from a simple knock sometimes, ha.

#102 Lucas

Lucas

Ninja Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

Your industrial could be irritated because the bar is ever so slightly too long, and it will move about a tiny bit which causes white blood cells to rush to the area and gather forming the lump, it's really common with cartilage piercings, especially industrials but if you can pick up a slightly shorter bar or just use two tiny bars until the inside of your helix properly healed it should be fine :veryhappy: Helixes are always a pain to heal, one side sometimes heals faster than others and sometimes it can take months, mine took about a year and a half to finally settle :sarcastic:

As for your eyebrow the problem with rings at first is that they twist through the wound which irritates it during the healing process which again causes a rush to the area and can also get germs in when it twists through, even if you don't really notice the movement. Since you've had it done for a good while now though it should be properly healed and you can probably put a ring back in. Just make sure it's properly fitted and that you don't catch it, since that will irritate it again. Eyebrow piercings (and bridge piercings actually) are notoriously easy to annoy, my bridge swells up again just from a simple knock sometimes, ha.

Ahhh, why didn't I see this before, I am sorry! Thanks for the advice!
I agree with the bar legnth, I have been trying to find a shorter one but it's proven harder than I thought!
I also figure it's partly due to the fact I wear a lot of headbands and they go over my ears, causing the bar to dig into my ear. Also, I wear headphones quite a but, so they also affect it.
It hurts so much, and it is still bugging me. When it gets really bad I'll take the bar out and put rings in. But I hate that.

So, a few weeks ago I went and got my Monroe pierced. I mean what?
My parents were in Mexico and I was feeling bad.
Posted Image
It's been bugging me a lot, actually. I don't know that it'l l last. It seems infected so I can call it a pimple and my parents bought it lol.
Does it suit me? Yay, nay? Please be honest. It was just kind of a spur of the moment thing.

#103 Hana-Kitty

Hana-Kitty

Veteran Hamster

• Design Team
  • 800 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

Few of my piercings have gone and I have another one or two.

I now have:
14mm Lobes (9/16") with 1 additional stud in one and two additional studs in the other
Tragus
Nose
Right side lip
Smiley
Tongue

My nape never healed well and after 6 months I lost a ball and one side healed over :(

My wrist dermal anchor kept getting caught and I took (well prised) it out, then after a year or so I had a skin diver put in the same place but due to the scar tissue form before it never settled properly either.

I also had my septum pierced but I put a tiny keeper in and it fell out and healed one night :(

Jordyn I love a monroe on you!! did you stick with it in the end?

Edited by Hana-Kitty, 12 April 2012 - 05:56 AM.

#104 L&B's Mama

L&B's Mama

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

I have my ears at 00's, my nose, and snake bites. I would like to get a second hole in both my ears, my tongue, and belly button done. And quite possibly my nipples, but that's still debatable.

#105 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

I just got my belly button pierced less than a month ago. It's kinda up and down right now. It will be sore one day and feel completely healed the next (which I know is impossible because they usually take 6 months to a year to heal) According to my research this is normal though? It's not infected and looks pretty good so far. This is my only piercing though and I don't plan to get anymore because I'm just not a piercing person. I don't have the right look to pull it off.