Photo

How did you pick your hamster out?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
182 replies to this topic

#1 ILoveChico

ILoveChico

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:02 PM

I picked Chico because when I saw him, the other Chinese Dwarfs were hopping around, very hyper. Chico was huddled in a corner and in a ball. He was shaking, And i fell in love with him. So i said "That one" Even though she was showing me a littler one and i didnt want him. Lol. Howd you get yours?

#2 STACE//BAM

STACE//BAM

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:10 PM

My others I cant remember why I picked them really...but I picked Bam because his brother was biting the store owner, and I Bam was just sitting their lazy giving me...hammie dog eyes LMAO

#3 doghamstyluv95

doghamstyluv95

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,874 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:39 PM

I picked Dale because he would reach up to my hand whenever I put my hand in the cage and he was the cutest out of his brothers. I picked Belle because the other female in the cage was just sleeping and Belle was running around like a little rocket ship. I picked Chip because umm I think I picked him because he was cute and kinda stared at me when I came up to the cage.

#4 Piplerish

Piplerish

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:38 AM

I picked my lil Coffee muffin today becase all the other pups in her litter had been sold so I felt for her :D

Edited by Piplerish, 10 February 2008 - 06:13 PM.

#5 Sib

Sib

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:24 AM

Good topic.

Tufty~
I was looking and they were all asleep apart form Tufty he was sat ontop of the water bottle so i thought i would buy him.

Maisie~
Well she was the odd one out.They all were cream&white apart from her she was different to all the others so i picked her.
Plus all the others were climbing on top of her!

:D

#6 Hamtaroiscute!

Hamtaroiscute!

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:33 AM

well my dad and i were looking at a hamster, but we didn't like it so, i saw a hamster that had to be my old hamster Penlope, who died three weeks after we got her (i got hamtaro three days after, ocword!). and i poked my dad and pointed, and he said "that one" and we really liked it so we goy it, and i said to my dad, "here, let me see if it is a boy or girl" (i read online how to see). and he was a boy and i named it Hamtaro! :lovestruck: :hamster1:

#7 CampbellCrazy

CampbellCrazy

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:10 AM

I picked Jimmy (who passed away last November) because I had told Petco to let me know when they had a white one. They didn't call me, but I was there buying food, etc., and saw the little white thing just sitting there being white. So, I said, He's mine. When I went through the checkout, I asked the salesclerk his name. He said, "Jimmy", so I said, "OK, this little guy is Jimmy." He was the longest living hamster I ever had.
Chrissy was standing up in the cage of sleeping hammies. I put my hand in, and she climbed in it. I put her down to check out the others and she followed my hand around just trying to get in. So I summoned the salesclerk and said, "This one is going home with me." That salesclerk's name was Christina and it was two days before Christmas. You guessed it! The little hammie became Chrissy.

#8 Spacemonkey

Spacemonkey

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

I always keep ones that give me 'the look'

Hard to describe, but if you see it you will know! :laughing:

#9 Plushie

Plushie

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:14 PM

Ooh interesting :P

I only got Dusty from a petstore, while Stripe I got from a breeder, and the rest were accidental litters.

Stripe (and Spot, his brother, but Spot died a few months ago so I got Dusty): Spot's coat was really pretty, a mottled agouti or whatever you call it, with everything else being white. I wanted to get him a companion so he wasn't lonely and I just saw Stripe cuddled up with him...

Dusty: She was pretty active, even thoguh it was about 3 pm, and the others were kind of fattish. So, I got her, thinking she'd be a nice and active pal for Stripe.

Ahaha, as you can see I wasn't really smart (no asking to handle and stuff).

#10 Hamster Feet

Hamster Feet

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:18 PM

Well when I went to pick Beansprout out (my chinese hamster) I originally wanted a dominant spot colour. So I was just looking at all of them, and they were all sleeping and being boring, but then Beansprout popped her head out and looked at me with her huge black eyes and I just fell in love, even though she was just the regular brown colour. :lovestruck:

#11 Tom

Tom

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:30 PM

when i got misty she was the only hamster in the shop and she looked at me with those cute shiny black beady eyes standing at the front of the cage i knew she was the one :)

#12 Maxie Junior

Maxie Junior

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

Maxie was the only moving object in the tank, all his siblings were curled up and unfriendly. He came over and pawed the glass so THERE.

#13 SilverSky

SilverSky

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:18 AM

I think it was my bf who first picked Michi up. When we looked at him together we knew he was going to be our baby!!

I picked Flapjacks because he was so tiny and cute (like half the size of his siblings)...but which also meant he was the runt and everyone else was picking on him. I honestly saw him take a piece of food, try to eat it, only to have a bigger hamster snatch it away from him! At that point I knew I had to rescue him and fatten him up hehe!

#14 TriAngel

TriAngel

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:28 PM

I was looking into adopting a hamster when i saw an ad on a forum that they have some up for adoption. So when i went over the owner's place, most of them were sleeping. The owner then woke them up softly.... but some of them remained asleep.

After which. i just put my hand in to see which one will come over to me. There were 2 of them that came over to me. One sniffed my hand and went off....... then Momo came and she climbed on my hand.... At that moment, i looked at her and knew she will be THE ONE!! :lovestruck:

#15 duckjustice

duckjustice

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:51 AM

I remember I picked Allyss because I pointed a different hamster out to the person in the shop but when they tried to get it out it took off and nearly escaped so I was urged to get the one that had wandered to the front of the cage in curiousity but not tried to escape.

I can't remember why I picked Callie and I think I got Jaxon because he was the most adorable, lazy hamster in the place lol.