Photo

Is my dwarf roborovski hamster pregnant

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 laura6969

laura6969

Baby Hamster

• 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:36 AM

Hello
a while ago i bought 2 dwarf roborovski hamsters from the petshop and the lady couldnt tel what was the sex and guessed they were the same, latly i have seen my hamsters acting very strange and the other day i came home and they have built a nest in the cage way from where they sleep, i carnt tell them apart they are just to small to have alook i havent noticed any growth in her belly yet when should she start showing if she is pregnant please help

#2 jamesrockroll

jamesrockroll

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 640 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:15 AM

This guide should be able to tell you if you're Hamster is pregnant;
http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74

#3 laura6969

laura6969

Baby Hamster

• 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:31 AM

This guide should be able to tell you if you're Hamster is pregnant;
http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74

thank you very much i hope it helps
i have bin paniking becoz i dont no a thing bout baby hamsters but if she has them they have got good homes to go to
thanx :slaphappy:

thank you very much i hope it helps
i have bin paniking becoz i dont no a thing bout baby hamsters but if she has them they have got good homes to go to
thanx :slaphappy:

it still hasnt realy helped i cant tell if they are boy n girl cz they are that small to have alook and she is not fat yet
i have sin them mating but ithought they were fightin one was on top bighting the others neck i just thought they were fighhting but got otld tthye were mating
have you got any more answers
has your hamster ever had babbies, is it a dwarf hamster if so how did you tell the sex
get bk to me asap plz
thanx

#4 jamesrockroll

jamesrockroll

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 640 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:39 AM

This might help you in trying to sex the Hamsters;
http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10517
Did the Pet Shop not try and sex them for you?

#5 laura6969

laura6969

Baby Hamster

• 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:01 AM

This might help you in trying to sex the Hamsters;
http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10517
Did the Pet Shop not try and sex them for you?

No she didnt she looked at them but becoz they are so small she just said she thought they werethe same they look similar but i cannot get hold ov them to have a look how long does a hamster have left when she has already made her nest
please help i realy dont no what to do
thanx

#6 laura6969

laura6969

Baby Hamster

• 19 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:49 AM

hello
i seperated my hamsters and cleaned them out and she has not made her nest again, should i be worried she wont come out of her bed coz ive split them up, does this mean she was not pregnant it was a false alarm
helpp :boggled:

#7 STACE//BAM

STACE//BAM

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:50 AM

It could be a false alarm yes, and hopefully yes. Just keep a close eye on them ;)
Good Luck
x

#8 Plushie

Plushie

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:27 AM

Yeah, it could have been a false alarm. ;) Hamsters usually start building nests when tehir instincts kick in, as they're warm.

If you do find yourself with hamster pups, just give her a lot of nesting material and don't disturb the cage, only for food and water refills. If a hamster wanders and gets lost its mother will put it back soon enough. If you disturb the nest or anything in the cage the mother will become defensive and eat the babies (rather than having them starve to death if she died, as an in-the-wild scenario would be).

#9 HAMSTERFREAK

HAMSTERFREAK

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:00 AM

Hope it gets babies.

#10 laura6969

laura6969

Baby Hamster

• 19 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:35 AM

Yeah, it could have been a false alarm. ;) Hamsters usually start building nests when tehir instincts kick in, as they're warm.

If you do find yourself with hamster pups, just give her a lot of nesting material and don't disturb the cage, only for food and water refills. If a hamster wanders and gets lost its mother will put it back soon enough. If you disturb the nest or anything in the cage the mother will become defensive and eat the babies (rather than having them starve to death if she died, as an in-the-wild scenario would be).

well i have put loads ovnesting materials in becoz i thought she was pregnant but she wont cum out of her bed now n i ant sin the male in ages hes sulking lol how long if she were pregnant would she be pregnant for

Hope it gets babies.

meto i was dead excited i was scared at first but my sisters mates hamster had babbies and she loved every min ov it shewas gonna help me
owel

#11 Furkies

Furkies

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

Please do not put back the male after your babies have weaned as well - She needs her rest and no more mating.

Try to introduce all the baby boys to the dad and keep the mum with their daughters.
Babies are easy to sex by 4 weeks of age, I can sex mine at 3 weeks.

#12 PoptartShop

PoptartShop

Angelic Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:29 AM

I don't think you want babies; I wouldn't 'hope' for them.
It can be expensive. I hope it was a false alarm.

#13 laura6969

laura6969

Baby Hamster

• 19 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:42 PM

I don't think you want babies; I wouldn't 'hope' for them.
It can be expensive. I hope it was a false alarm.

i already had bought all the stuff needed i did my research and i wernt gonna keep them when they were old enuff i was giving them to good homes but i think it was a false alarm owel

#14 Demonical~Angel

Demonical~Angel

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:14 AM

You said your is robo hamster?? They dont get sexually until they are 4 month old (Or was it 6 month). So if your robo is still young, Dont worry, she is not pregnant..

#15 laura6969

laura6969

Baby Hamster

• 19 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:21 AM

You said your is robo hamster?? They dont get sexually until they are 4 month old (Or was it 6 month). So if your robo is still young, Dont worry, she is not pregnant..

yes but i dont no how old she is becoz the women at the petshop dint say and i got them b4 xmas but you dont no how old they are in the petshop do you but i have not seen anymre signs so i will just keep a look out she has not made another nest or hiding food anymre