Photo

list of place to boycott

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 wufei

wufei

Baby Hamster

• 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:53 PM

i was think seem we have a list of place to buy cheap stuff we should also come out with a list of place that we should boycott. it may be because the shop treat hamster badly or any other reason.

i will name one first

East Coast (the stall near mac one)

#2 sunny

sunny

Baby Hamster

• 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 05:09 PM

:huh: is that the make shift stall beside the roller blade park? I don't know if there is a pet shop at East Coast. Why do you say they treat the hamies badly? I bought my robos at the stall and the guy had a good knowlege of hamsters , different types of breed, how long they lives, if there are suitable for children, what are needed for hamsters, even advising us to get things for the hamster to chew so that their teeth are kept in good shape. etc

However, I did come accross one pet shop near Eunos CC had really awful hamsters. One had patches of fallen hair and both are grossly over weight. There was no exercise wheel for the poor thing and they looked so sickly!!!

When I asked the shop assistant how come there was not wheel she said "oh they are the "lazy" type of breed". BTW the 2 hamster were kept in a old fish tank the was ment to keep 1 louhan (imagine how small it is!!!) - this one is really terrible.

sunny

#3 Ani007

Ani007

Baby Hamster

• 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:20 AM

Well, i have been to Great World City to visit the pet shop there, and my gosh, i nearly fainted. Normally, when i visit my pet shop nearby, i got a packet of free sample dog food given by the pet shop owners (no charge). However, when i reach Pets Kampong ,recommended by some of the friends here, i was totally shock to see they charge sample food even for a pack. Isnt these supposed to be given freely so that dog owners can see if the dog is arlegic to that particular kind of food.

#4 jakob

jakob

Baby Hamster

• 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:51 PM

Well, i have been to Great World City to visit the pet shop there, and my gosh, i nearly fainted. Normally, when i visit my pet shop nearby, i got a packet of free sample dog food given by the pet shop owners (no charge). However, when i reach Pets Kampong ,recommended by some of the friends here, i was totally shock to see they charge sample food even for a pack. Isnt these supposed to be given freely so that dog owners can see if the dog is arlegic to that particular kind of food.

:huh:

hmm... thats strange, cos my friend works there, and from what i know, she does give those samples out to ppl who want to try out a particular brand of food for their dog. i've seen her do that.

perhaps you were mistaken?

#5 kiroro

kiroro

Baby Hamster

• 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:21 PM

i heard the pet shop at great world city dun realli take good care of theirhammies. this is comment from my friend who is a great hammies lover too and she passed by that shop just a month ago...hmm...wonder why and is it true? :confused:

#6 estaefran

estaefran

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:43 PM

:wave: Hi, I've been to Great World City a couple of times. In fact, I got my "starter kit" from there as well. I've gotten my first cage, food, treats, toys, sand bath etc... :hyper:

Though I muz comment that the items are pricy as compared to pets shops in the neighbourhood, I guess it's juz the way it is as its location is in the town area and in this type of shopping complex. :veryhappy: The salesperson is helpful and the hammies there are all housed in tanks, though I dun remember seeing any wheels for them to play with. Erm, wanna add that my cousin once sold his unexpected litter of hammies to them. So can I say that it shows that they dun really bother about the origin and breed of the hammies? :undecided:

Anyway, pet shops I really wanna boycott will be this franchise or chains of shops. Their items are quite pricy. I've been to the branches at Plaza Singapura (PS), Bugis Junction, Shaw Centre. They dun sell hammies, only the supplies. Feel that there is really a great need for improvement in their customer service and product knowledge. :disappointed:

My trip to PS was bad. The 2 salesgirls (think should be part timers) are juz interested in their own conversation and dun bother to help me out in locating the items I was looking for. When I asked, one of them juz point to one corner ofthe shelves to get me off her back. :mad: :mad:

I decided not to buy anything fr there. So, I went to the bugis branch. It was better there but the friendly salesgirl wasn't very knowledgeable abt hammy products. She intro me pine beddings. (Guess it's not her fault afterall.)

At present, I'm ordering supplies online from pets arcade and also frequent pet shops at novena square & china square food court. At novena, the shop keeper, Jasmine :star: , is knowledgeable abt hammies & is very friendly & helpful. The manager, Frankie, at China square is great too. The hammies & supplies are priced very competitively though they have a diff range & brands of hammy supplies, as compared to the commonly seen brands. Great value for $$ there. :goodvibes:

#7 HongSE

HongSE

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:19 AM

I suggest that the pet shop at tampines blk 201 be boycotted if you want to buy hamsters there. Their supplies are still okay.

I suggested this because I went there 2 months ago and saw a full grown syrian caged together with some other syrians plus some rat like things( idk if is just baby syrians cos they look like those mice they sell without tails, skinny and long and sleek). In the other tanks, they have all the dwarves.. they are SO tiny. I agree that they're cute, but I know that they shouldn't be sold so young.

Also, they keep a few small rabbits in a small section of a tank.

#8 kisetsu

kisetsu

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:17 PM

Tho I won't use the word 'boycott' on those petshops, but I do have my share of bad experience and decided never to patron them again.

1. Blk 201 Tampines. The animals they sold are in very bad shape. They mix all sort of rodents together and there are injured/sick animals on their showcase. I bought an accessory for my hams but the shop pple didn't even bothered to come to the counter for me to make payment :sarcastic: Terrible attitudes & customer service.

2. Suntec. The shop looks impressive, well stock with pet stuff. I was there to check out some ham accessories (friend recommend rare items there), but the min I stepped in, the shopkeeper pester me till no end to buy the hamster. One shopkeeper demo how tame their hamsters were while the other followed me thro' out & doing the sales talk while on a subtle tone challenge me to buy the hamster. It's sickening and I walked out without purchases.

Other petshops may lack of customer service but as long as it's not like the above, I'm still ok as long as their price and stuff are right.