Photo

Japan...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Hamsteys

Hamsteys

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:26 AM

I think it would be very neat... i mean in Memoirs of a geish there are so many neat places to see...
and in all most all my favorite shows.. they are in japan.... I think it would be reallty neat.. we traveled the the evil paluted china in winter.. i think it would be cool to spend time in japan in summer vacation it would be VERY neat...
i was thinking about Tokio <i know i spelt it wrong

oh well i might go there or i might not :P
I wanna try on a kimono SO bad.. :P

#2 Veruca Salt

Veruca Salt

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:42 AM

When I was younger, I wanted to go to Tokyo so bad... I wanted to try out the customs, speak Japanese to others, watch Japanese TV, check out the technology and the robots, and even live in a capsule hotel! (man, I've always wanted to try the hotel!) But I'm always afraid about doing something that the Japanese consider rude and ending up with a person or more yelling at me...

But then I began to get interested in Norway and I guess that's my new interest...

#3 HamsterRaven

HamsterRaven

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:02 AM

My friend goes there in the summer and loves it.

#4 Laila

Laila

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:03 PM

*waves* Yeah, come to Osaka! :D

But to be practical, Japan isn't all the kimino/geisha greatness. The people here in Japan are less friendly, more rude, and stare at you if you're a foreigner. Believe me, I get that whenever I'm with my father. Gaijin daaa....

But, yeah - come visit sometime. :P

#5 PoptartShop

PoptartShop

Angelic Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:05 AM

Never been there; (or Japan period)! But Tokyo looks amazing!

#6 Hamsteys

Hamsteys

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:05 PM

Oroo...

I think past times look a whole darn lot better then it does now huh..

Well
I might come it mattters how much momney we have XD
Heh, I am thinkin about Tokyo.. :P
Hey AMi, can you tell me about Osaka?

#7 Laila

Laila

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:10 PM

Bleh...well, what is there to say about Osaka?

The way they talk is unique. It's called Osaka-ben. I talk like that too, when I speak Japanese. :P It adds a lot of "ya"s and "nen"s and all sorts of things in there. :)

That's one of the only things I think Osaka has unique... >.>;

#8 Essie

Essie

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:00 PM

I'm amazed by Japan, 'cause it is like soo... technologically advanced!

I tried to learn Japanese once and I nearly died xD

But I guess that it would be the same if I asked u to learn Spanish, eh Emmie? :laughing:

#9 Veruca Salt

Veruca Salt

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:38 AM

I know some Japanese words and phrases... (and I'm trying to learn some more but it's spoken too quickly for me to understand!) I think I know how to swear in Japanese XD (but I won't do it here)

#10 Charmer

Charmer

Action Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:03 AM

The stare-at-foreigners thing sounds normal. If I see some people strutting around in the grocery store, speaking in Russian or something, I'll glance curiously at them. Most people are curious about foreigners, especially if they're of another race. What's stressing is what the natives might be thinking. XD Like, are they just wondering about you or thinking mean things? I've never been anywhere out of my country, but it would be interesting to go somewhere and be the center of attention. LOL Oooh, I'm foreign, speshiallll.....

Well, actually that did happen to me when I moved here from 'Bama. :P

Uhhh, anyway.

I know how you feel.

I've never been out of the Southeast of the USA and I want to go see the world soooooooo bad. Just getting out of this country is a dream of mine, haha. I want to go live in another country, along with that dweam. But everyone hates Americans, so wahhhh.

Lol, I'd love to see Japan or some other country. Japan looks like a cool place, from what I've seen in pictures and Lost in Translation (Lol).

#11 beachbug

beachbug

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:17 AM

My dad used to go there 4 times a year for his job, and I got to meet really cool people. Japanese candy is really good! In geography, we watched a movie, sort of a biography, about Japan, and
it looked like a rough country. <off topic> When I was 4, my dad brought me back a kimono from there, and I was a Japanese baby for halloween!

#12 Rachel_Morgan

Rachel_Morgan

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:29 AM

*waves* Yeah, come to Osaka!  

But to be practical, Japan isn't all the kimino/geisha greatness. The people here in Japan are less friendly, more rude, and stare at you if you're a foreigner. Believe me, I get that whenever I'm with my father. Gaijin daaa....

But, yeah - come visit sometime.

----------

I completely understand where you're coming from.
Most people see the anime, go "zomg! i want to live there! its so cool!" to find that they're being mocked. But, looking into the history that Japan and the western world have had, you can sort of see why.
also, Nehong "People of the sun" denotes some of that.

I did a ton of research when i thought i was coming there! xD

Most of us westerners are pretty tall, you can't find shoes that fit easy (usually have to be custom made) and what not. You really have to earn your way, and even then..it'd be commonplace, as you say to be called Gaijin. its amazing what names can be brought up.
I'd be walking on eggshells all the time xD knowing me, of course.

I'd say to anyone reallllly into Japanese culture just from anime, research the modern society first ;) then decide if you want to go still, and whether you can put up with all the awful stuff that comes for being an outsider.

I ahve to say though, from what I've heard, in there being quite a few green places (and the beautiful wilderness! love those shots!) i'd be in heaven. love my green spaces! ;D

-Rachel & The Zoo.

Edited by Rachel_Morgan, 29 May 2007 - 04:29 AM.

#13 leppy663

leppy663

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:53 AM

I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to go to Japan!!!! A really good friend of mine is going in a few weeks, and is living with a host family. She's going to be there for most of the summer. She taught (is still teaching) herself Japanese all by herself. I'm really excited for her! For a living, I think she wants to teach English to Japanese children, or the other way around, and live in Japan.

Edited by leppy663, 12 June 2007 - 01:54 AM.

#14 nus711

nus711

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:15 PM

I just came back from Japan. It was a really nice place. If you are going there, you MUST go to Mt Fuji, Universal Studio ( VERY IMPT) and Disneyland. Personally i think Universal Studio Japan is more fun than Disneyland

#15 leppy663

leppy663

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:33 PM

Is their Universal Studio like the same as the one in Florida?