Photo

BIGGEST hamster type

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 duoham

duoham

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:43 AM

:scratchchin: Me and my sis were talking today and ended up wondering about the biggest hamster. We have 2 campbells dwarfs and would like to learn about larger hamsters!! :scratchchin:

#2 Bunny Lover

Bunny Lover

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 12:45 AM

Well All I know is The Europeon Hamster(rare) and the Syrian Hasmter(common)

#3 Misshamstergirl

Misshamstergirl

Veteran Hamster

• Banned
  • 809 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 04:04 AM

I would say Panda's that re in the syrian breed get he biggest, but htats just my opinion, Well sorry i didnt answer fast enough then

#4 duoham

duoham

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:20 AM

its ok. wow! european hamster!

#5 Bunny Lover

Bunny Lover

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:11 AM

lol, I've never seen a european hamster, but I've heard they are about the size of a syrian.

#6 Hidalgo

Hidalgo

Rookie Hamster

• 59 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:53 PM

How come they have breeds of hamster that aren't pets?? The enormous European hamster isn't, and that hamster can actually swim!!!!

#7 Misshamstergirl

Misshamstergirl

Veteran Hamster

• Banned
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 10:37 PM

hi , could someone send me a pic of the european hamster? i would like to see one.

#8 dwarfhamster

dwarfhamster

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 11:44 AM

This http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1166675.stm may explain why the european hamsters are not pets.

Here is a link with a couple of photos:
http://www.zoocities.de/hamsterbilder/feldhamster.htm

Maybe they will become pets in the near future. Imagine that! A hamster that swims using its cheek pouches like an oxygen tank!! :o :applause:

#9 blackwhite_sassy

blackwhite_sassy

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:29 PM

i think the biggest is syrian.

#10 nature285

nature285

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 03:51 PM

Hmmmmmm......... European Hamsters look like Syrians.... but they are not the same huh?

Also, hehehe..... their ears look like Dumbo's from Disney...hehehe.... so cute...

How come I've never heard of European Hamsters before? :'(

#11 chipmon

chipmon

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 04:27 PM

they r a bigger ver of syrians, prob ard the size of a GP ::) oh ya except tat there is onli 1 color like the robos n they have black bellies instead. :veryhappy:

#12 Hidalgo

Hidalgo

Rookie Hamster

• 59 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:24 AM

Maybe they will become pets in the near future.  Imagine that! A hamster that swims using its cheek pouches like an oxygen tank!! :o :applause:

I thought they were used to help the hamster swim near the surface, not as an oxygen tank....... :huh:

#13 yoghurt

yoghurt

Baby Hamster

• 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 06:45 PM

i think that syrian tends to seek your attention and i think it is the best pets in town. sigh..... can i ask u guys something. what do u usualy use to house your hamster??? i am using a big cage but it is getting rusty so i was thinking of getting another house for my little fella. can any of u guys give me some suggestion??

thanks and cheers

#14 50,000_tears

50,000_tears

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:04 PM

wait a min....i got a hamster that is a black bear european hamster ...i thought that was the biggest one....

#15 mamagirl

mamagirl

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:52 PM

Those European hamsters are so cute. It would be cool if they are suited to being pets, i would definetly be interested in one :yes: .

wait a min....i got a hamster that is a black bear european hamster ...i thought that was the biggest one....

As far as i know European Hamsters only come in the one colour/pattern, and they aren't commonly available in the pet industry. Your 'Black Bear European Hamster' is probably a Black Syrian possibly from a European line. They give them fancy or cute names at pet stores so they are easier to sell.