Home-made Hamster Toys!
Posted 15 February 2004 - 02:41 AM
i was thinking maybe we could put together a home-made hamsters toys booklet. when we have good score of ideas, i will try to put together a small booklet/info thing on my site so we can look at them for future reference.
if you would like to contribute post your ideas here! thanks
- Aerolomogob, Jasmine and JellyMagic like this
Posted 15 February 2004 - 04:41 AM
well a few ham toys I made are are:
Cereal Box Fun
1. Get a empty cereal box
2. Cut various sizes of holes on both sides of the box
3. If you have room in your cage, tape it to the side. if not, let your ham play in it while its in a playpen etc..
1. Gather or collect various sizes of cardboard boxes and paper tubes
2. When you have enough, cut hles in the cardboard boxes so the paper tubes fit though.
3. Do this so all of them connect
4. Enjoy! It can even be a four way maze of fun!
I hae added some links below from this site that other members have posted some neat ideas:
Happy toy making!
- theta, yolkalee, Mr.HamsterMan and 4 others like this
Posted 15 February 2004 - 07:35 AM
Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:37 PM
also a good idea i found was to get a box and cut several holes in it and from atleast one side i attached a toilet roll for them to run around in! can't think of many more right now...i'll mention some more if i make any
Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:40 AM
Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:07 AM
I think that one good thing to do is make a newspaper tunnel. Take a piece of newspaper and tape the ends together. The piece should by kinda small, because hamsters aren't huge. Also, you could try taking some kleenex boxes and stacking them together with masking tape. Add a ramp (a strip of cardboard). Watch the hamsters when they use these, and if they chew the tape take it away.
Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:00 AM
I make double tunnels. You take two paper towel tubes, cut them in half, and then glue them back to back.( keep in mind that hammies chew, so watch the hammy closely around the tunnel.)
And then the hamster can go on top and in lower section of tubie.
Posted 24 February 2004 - 05:16 AM
- Pepper5 and Juthi like this
Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:16 AM
The ink off newpaper is also hazardous because the ink can make them terribly sick. Thats why you dont use newspaper for nesting also.
So instead of using actual paper tubes, just buy the habitrail tubes, they are plastic and it doesnt matter if you have a habitrail cage or not, they will still nejoy running around in them. ;)
- hazelhammies002, RainbowHammie10 and NoodleArtist like this
Posted 24 February 2004 - 02:42 PM
Posted 28 February 2004 - 06:44 AM
Posted 28 February 2004 - 08:53 AM
Posted 01 March 2004 - 08:31 AM
Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:37 PM
Posted 01 May 2004 - 07:18 PM
- Jade+Augustus likes this