Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,319 posts

• My Syrian(s):1
  • My Dwarf(s):0

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Ok OS I've been wanting to show my cages but i've been waiting till i finished my new bin and here they are! lets start with pumpkin's Bin!
Posted Image
Posted Image

And Here's Wasabi's

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And If your wondering the Sizes Pumpkin's Is the 68QT and Wasabi's is 71QT I know there to small but my mom would not let me get bigger because they cost 30$ and are to big for my room.

#6902 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,346 posts

• My Syrian(s):0
  • My Dwarf(s):3

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

Wow those are nice! Love what you did with the Puzzle Playground and everything is so cheery and colorful. :starry-eyed: Still can't get over how quickly you got both of these made! Very well done and say hi to the happy hamsters for me. :D

#6903 SyrianPumpkin

SyrianPumpkin

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,319 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

Wow those are nice! Love what you did with the Puzzle Playground and everything is so cheery and colorful. :starry-eyed: Still can't get over how quickly you got both of these made! Very well done and say hi to the happy hamsters for me. :D

Thanks! Well actually I only made Wasabi's! Because the other one I made ALONG time ago! :D I Will!

#6904 princess-sprinkles

princess-sprinkles

Baby Hamster

• 26 posts

• My Syrian(s):2

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

And this is my syrian babys cage :) (6 syrian baby)

İs my best cage setup :D

Posted Image

This cage is really awesome looking, may I use you as the next inspiration for my hamster cage of the week?

It would be really awesome if you could explain the different rooms in your hamster home for me, too (if you choose to be featured) Thanks a lot, you have til next week to respond lol. I can use you for other weeks if I don't get a reply tho :)

Edit; Oh, okay. I caught onto your videos. I love the one with all your hamsters playing in the wheel, such cute litle babies. I am suprised that they all get along, but since they look so sweet together it will probably stay that way. Lucky ducky!

Edited by SprinklesthePrincess, 29 March 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#6905 Apples

Apples

Baby Hamster

• 44 posts
  • My Dwarf(s):1

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

Posted Image
Yay finished her cage! She seems quite happy with it and loves running all over. I'm currently waiting on some toys to be shipped to me to add in!

#6906 Sweeda88

Sweeda88

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 149 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

This is not a hamster cage, but it is my mouse cage. It would make a great hamster cage, so I thought I'd share it. It's a 90qt long bin. I use boxes for hideouts because I can change them out each cage change and set up new designs. Yes, I realize one of my mice is overweight but no matter how I try I can't seem to get it to go down. Oh, well. She's a year old and otherwise healthy. Here's the cage. I have the bottle velcroed to the side of the cage, and I had my dad drill gazillions of holes in the cage for ventilation. It works great. I love the wheel because it can be a ball, too. The tube was part of a see saw that didn't have the base. http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n512/Sweeda88/Mice/Updated%20Mice/010.jpg

#6907 Aluyasha

Aluyasha

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 257 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

Those are some chubby little mice. lol
I love mice. :)

#6908 stuffedwheel

stuffedwheel

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 294 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Well, since Buttercup rarely ever used her tunnels and I read on a thread here that some Syrians have gotten stuck in the ones she had, I decided to just toss them and extend her Puzzle Playground instead. To make room for the bigger playground, I had to rearrange things. Her tank isn't as organized right now, but it works. And it's colorful because it's currently filled with Carefresh. She loves the bigger playground, too. :)

Posted Image

PS If you look at the puzzle playground close enough, you can see her. :P

Edited by stuffedwheel, 03 April 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#6909 bobthealien

bobthealien

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

I know this sounds REALLY BAD, but I have tweek in a 66 quart bin and bloo's is a 105 quart.... Bloo's is taller, so tweek's is shorter, and like 1 inch less on all sides... to be honest one just has a few inches more than the other... But both are extremely spacious!

#6910 Yuukio

Yuukio

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 597 posts

• My Dwarf(s):2

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

Ryuuki's cage got a bit of an update today. Couple new toys for him since a local pet store is closing and they had a huge sale. I got a small Flying Saucer wheel for only $3, and a Puzzle Playground for just $5. I also picked up a back-up Silent Spinner some Hazel Hamster Food and some chew toys for cheap.

Posted Image

He's getting a better upgrade within the next few weeks. A bigger bin, and even more toys! Gonna be a happy little Robo. :3

#6911 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,346 posts

• My Dwarf(s):3

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

That's nice!! It looks so clean and tidy, and your hamster is adorable. :lovestruck: I am seriously jealous you got a flying saucer for $3!

#6912 08silverado

08silverado

Baby Hamster

• 9 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

I saw this thread, and just had to make an account and show off my Roborovski hamster's cage. Here is Buckwheat's new home. I have only had the little guy for a week and a half, and just upgraded to this 20 gal long zilla critter cage a couple of days ago. He is loving it so far!! Tons of room for the little guy. The only thing in there he doesn't really care for is the little house in the left front corner, so I will be changing that out with a new 2 story wood house soon! :)

Posted Image

#6913 Chocolate Hamsters

Chocolate Hamsters

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 784 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

This is a lovely cage you have for your robo there now!
There are a couple of things I would change immediately though.
See that over hang on either side? Thats definitely not good. The tank is put under
considerable strain, and will eventually break. So you need to get the whole thing onto a hard surface,
without overhang.
Second thing I noticed was you have the 4.5 inch silent spinner.
This silent spinner was 'supposedly' for dwarf hamsters, mice and gerbils, but as an actual fact, it is way too small.
Sorry to say, but you will need a 12 inch silent spinner, or you could go with another brand.
If you go with another brand I do not suggest wheels like this, not only because of the wire, but also because robos have the tendonsy to go very, very fast on their wheel, and get thrown off. With silent spinners and Comfort wheels as such, they are thrown clear, and aren't caught on anything. But wheels with spokes can quite easily catch the robo and kill him.
Sorry for rambling on and on able wheels, but its just a precaution :P

#6914 TheFeldhamster

TheFeldhamster

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 488 posts

• My Dwarf(s):7

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

@80silverado: you could put a board under the tank to fully support it but it's not really such a big problem. The overhang is only about 5cm on each side and the tank seems to have a frame, too. I know many people who have their tanks sitting with small overhangs and it's never been a problem. I would not want an overhang of 10-20cm (4-8in) but 5cm (2in) is not really a problem usually.

I agree on the wheel, though, this is too small even for a robo. Since you are in the US I'd recommend you get a RoboWheel (also known as WodentWheel JR) from transonig. You can find a list of stores on their website: http://transoniq.com/ That's a very good, high quality wheel that will last you several hamster lives. And robos love them because they feel secure in them.

You also want to offer a sand bath with chinchilla sand (not dust). Robos totally adore sand as they originate from a sandy area and when they roll around in it to clean their fur it's just the cutest thing to watch. Over here, the recommendation is even to offer 1/3rd of the cage size with sand. Get yourself something like this oven dish (could also be from the dollar store), it's much cheaper to buy an oven dish than to buy a sand bath from the pet shop. Use a cheap sieve and sieve the sand through once or twice a week to clean out any poop or pee clumps. You don't have to throw out the complete bowl of sand (expensive) because of a couple of poops.

Edited by TheFeldhamster, 04 April 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#6915 CaliforniaCole

CaliforniaCole

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,454 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

I saw this thread, and just had to make an account and show off my Roborovski hamster's cage. Here is Buckwheat's new home. I have only had the little guy for a week and a half, and just upgraded to this 20 gal long zilla critter cage a couple of days ago. He is loving it so far!! Tons of room for the little guy. The only thing in there he doesn't really care for is the little house in the left front corner, so I will be changing that out with a new 2 story wood house soon! :)

Posted Image

AWESOME tank!

And just adding in to what to others have said.
If you have a robo, you don't have to get a 12 inch silent spinner or order a wodent wheel. A 12 inch SS won't fit in your tank and a wodent wheel can be annoying to clean out. I reccomend a 6.5 inch silent spinner wheel. It's the same wheel you have now, just bigger so the hamster will be more comfortable :)

Edited by CanineCavyLover, 04 April 2012 - 10:01 PM.