Photo

New HH email powered by Google

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 wiffy

wiffy

Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:42 AM

On 15 Jul 2006, the former free webmail service was closed to path the way for a new webmail service powered by Google. Old accounts were not migrated. Read on to find out how to sign up for your very own, free, @hamsterhideout.com email address.

Posted Image
Powered by Google

Login page -> http://mail.hamsterhideout.com New!

:fluffy: There is no auto sign up page for users to prevent spammers from mass registering.

:coffee: Please post your desired "username" once on this topic. We will do a manual registration for you. Login details including a temporary password will be PMed to you. Please be patient while you await for your account to be approved. Non-forum members are required to sign up in order to be able to post at this topic.

:bread: Email accounts by the previous provider are not migrated. You need to sign up again.

:mouse: Tip: Do not post your request as "[email protected]" as it will be spidered by spam bots since this is an open topic. Just "username" will do.

:star: Usernames may contain letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), dashes (-), periods (.) and underscores (_)

:hamster1: Please change your display name (note: not same as username) under "settings" after logging in.
Steps: 'settings' -> 'accounts' -> 'edit info' -> key in your preferred display name and check the button -> save changes
Display name is the name in your outgoing mail messages. The default display name is 'user name'.
For example,
Mary Pippens ([email protected])
Display name is Mary Pippens
username is xxx

:cop: Note: If HH receives complaints that the email address has been abused or used as spam, HH reserves the right to to delete the account without notification.

We will delete your request post in this topic once your account has been created. Your login details will be pm-ed to you. If your request post in this topic disappears but you do not receive the pm, please let me know as I may have missed out sending the pm.

Please read the FAQ in the following post to check if your question has been addressed already.

Post your feedback and questions here. Have fun! :boat:

#2 wiffy

wiffy

Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:39 AM

FAQ Compiled

When I tried to sign-up (just a few minutes ago) it said that my password didn't match with my usermame.

What's the deal... I really need this for my private email... please help!

It's not the same password n username as the previous mail service.
To create your new email account, please give me your desired username.

P/s: Would you post a list of those accounts created?

No, for privacy reasons :) That's also one of the reasons we delete the request post immediately upon account creation.

how do i noe if my email is successful and ready to use?

Once your email account has been created, the login details will be sent to you via pm. I've just sent yours :)

in the old email there was a banner at the uypper left that I could click to get to the HH forum

Apologies, currently Google does not allow this level of customization at this moment but we will take your suggestion into consideration when Google allows for more customization in the future.

hi how do you change your outgoing name please ?

It's under 'settings' -> 'accounts' -> 'edit info' -> key in your preferred outgoing name and check the button -> save changes

BTW, what is the server name so i can use it on Microsoft Mail?

pop.gmail.com for incoming and smtp.gmail.com for outgoing. Refer to the online help when you login for more information.

Also, is the mail format HTTP or POP3? I ask 'cause it's very likely I'll use my existing email clients if possible - Windows Live Mail for POP3, and Hotmail for HTTP

Gmail supports POP3. :)

#3 wiffy

wiffy

Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:06 PM

Feedback Compiled

Thanks HamsterBoss, the email's great!! :yes:

Im quite happy with the email

THANKS!!! I love the new email!!!

ok thanks for the info :mouse:

thanks

Thanks for this ! :veryhappy:

thankyou

#4 wiffy

wiffy

Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:32 AM

Outstanding Isues Compiled
(will be cleared when issues are resolved)
======================================
(latest outstanding issues, pending replies)

#5 dusty

dusty

Popstar Ham

• Admin Team
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:30 PM

Current batch of HH email account creation completed. See updated date and time following "This post has been edited by dusty:" below. (+8 GMT)

We are now taking new requests for email accounts.

Just post your desired username in this topic. If there are 2 words in your username, either join them without a space or you may use a dash - , underscore _ or period . to separate them.

Edited by dusty, 26 January 2012 - 09:38 PM.
Created new accounts

#6 Happy Hammie

Happy Hammie

Baby Hamster

• 14 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

"kgirlkaya"

#7 Simi

Simi

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

do I need to have a @hamsterhideout.com email?

#8 Illa

Illa

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

If i get a email will I get more benefits?

#9 Menna

Menna

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

"Menna"

#10 SyrianPumpkin

SyrianPumpkin

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

umm you guys if you look at the date it's from 2008,I don't think there going to reply anytime soon,

#11 Simi

Simi

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

hah

#12 lestari27

lestari27

Baby Hamster

• 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:31 AM