Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

• My Syrian(s):0
  • My Dwarf(s):0

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 01 January 2004 - 01:52 PM

[Singapore] There are many HH members who enquired on how to get to Namly Animal Clinic (NAC). Here's some details to help you get to the clinic via public transport (the place is quite isolated and "ulu" as it is surrounded by private housing).

(For background info, NAC has been highly recommended on HH as a good clinic for hamsters, as many (including myself) has found Dr Ling from NAC to be compassionate and knowledgeable about treating hamsters. As NAC is the only vet clinic I have patronised for the past few years, I'm afraid that I will not be a good authority to comment on or recommend other clinics in Singapore.)

Namly Animal Clinic
Address: 74, Namly Place Singapore 267223
Tel: 64694744 (pls make appointment)
Vet: Dr Ling
Consultation hours: Mon-Sat: 9am to 12 noon, 2pm to 5pm.
Mon / Wed / Fri: 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Sun: 9am to 12 noon.
Closed on Thurs and Public Holidays.

Location Map from can.com.sg
Go to http://www.can.com.sg and key in the postal code for namly, i.e. "267223"

then use the "panning" Posted Image icon (see area hatched in red in map below) to drag the map towards the left & top. You will see some blue dots which indicate the bus services. You will see from the map that the nearest bus stops are at Sixth Avenue (0.45 km away) or Bukit Timah Road (0.7 km away).

Screen capture of the map plus the available bus services:

Posted Image

Taking a cab from nearest MRT station:

Posted Image

Please feel free to add on to the above guide. Hope this helps! :nurse:

#2 shiy

shiy

Baby Hamster

• 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 01:33 AM

Sorry but can someone also tell me where those buses are available? The area I live in don't have them, and most everyone I asked never even heard of them before. A bus interchange attached to the mrt will be a fine place for me to take the bus... Does, say, Buona Vista have them? Thanks.

#3 wiffy

wiffy

Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:22 AM

sorry for my late reply, didnt see this earlier...

this is for future reference:

to find out where the buses go, key in bus no. at site below

http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/busGuide_index.htm

will compile them if I have the time.

#4 Twilight

Twilight

Rookie Hamster

• 71 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:56 PM

The following would be applicable if you take Bus 77, 156 or 970 which go into 6th Avenue. Bus 77 can be taken at Bukit Batok bus interchange, not too sure about the other 2. This is normally how I would go about.
[list]
[*]Take Bus 77 at Bt Batok bus interchange.
[*]When it turns into 6th Avenue, alight at the 3rd busstop.
[*]From the busstop you can see there are 2 ways into the private residential area - Namly Avenue and Namly Garden. Go by Namly Garden.
[*]Walk straight. On the way you will pass a Namly Drive, do not make a turn, just continuing walking.
[*]Few minutes after passing, you will see 'Namly Pl' and a row of shophouses. The clinic is just 3rd from the left.

If you stroll, it will probably take you no more than 10 minutes to reach there. Hope the above is useful. :)

#5 hamsterlover6789

hamsterlover6789

Baby Hamster

• 36 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 08:19 AM

Is this in Singapore

#6 wiffy

wiffy

Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 17 February 2004 - 01:28 PM

bluefish: thanks!

hamsterlover6789: yes, Namly Animal Clinic is in Singapore.

#7 karenlim

karenlim

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 37 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:10 AM

hello! can anyone tell me how much does Namly clinic charge? thanks

#8 Twilight

Twilight

Rookie Hamster

• 71 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:21 AM

Consultation charge $25, medicine charges additional.

#9 pinkfairy

pinkfairy

Baby Hamster

• 23 posts

• Mood:

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:47 PM

Yes. Dr Ling is the best! She is very patient and makes sure you ask as many questions as you want to. She'll tell you all she knows. But do call and make an appointment. Don't even try to go on weekends if you do not have any appointment. She is also not in certain sundays. ;)

#10 meisim

meisim

Baby Hamster

• 1 posts

• Mood:

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:41 AM

:ashamed: my hamster is having a red rash at the stomach area...he has been scratching it badly...after reading this, think i will bring him to Dr Ling asap!!

#11 vanessasng

vanessasng

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 253 posts

• Mood:

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:41 PM

those staying around serangoon or bishan can take 156 to namly

karenlim> its $25 for first consultation and $10 for subsequent ones

#12 jacksprat

jacksprat

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 01:45 AM

For those living in the West, you can take bus 156 at Clementi Bus Interchange.

Besides Dr. Ling, Dr. Chan is also great with hamsters. She's been treating my Snowy for 10 months now. Snowy's Epileptic and suffers from allergies because she's hypersensitive so I take her to Namly about once every 2 - 3 months for a check up.

Had a late night chat with Dr. Ling a short while ago coz Snowy's started bleeding from her behind just a short while ago. :'( As anyone can imaging I was rather frantic.

#13 tapleq

tapleq

Baby Hamster

• 2 posts

• Mood:

Posted 20 October 2004 - 11:36 PM

hey all, thx for this great info..
how 2 get there n the consultation fees n all...
i think my hamster is in a pretty bad shape now..

#14 lawla12

lawla12

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 633 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 19 February 2005 - 03:23 PM

well...i must say Dr Ling is v patient....went to find her to seek 2nd opinion on my robo's lump.

I brought the female along too n check for her fur loss. Dr Ling only charge me 1 fee for consultion. The other time, i went pet safari (eastpoint), the Doc charge me 2 consultation fees for 2 robos. Seriously find them charging too high. i spent $125 at pet safari as compare to Namly clinic, i spent only $33 for evyting.

i even brought my robo's foods along for Dr Ling's advise. She patiently went thr one by one n commend on it.

It's really worth the $ n time to travel all the way der, though i stay in the extreme east. But the trip is definitely worth it.

My heart dun feel tat heavy anymore. hehehee.....cheers for Dr Ling :P

#15 hanakawaii

hanakawaii

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 30 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:50 PM

Yeah Dr Ling hooray! My male sapphire is down wif swollen foot, eye infection, abscesses and duno wat.. haiz he juz gt bad genes and low immune system dr ling says.. chocolate hav been to her twice in a wk sia.. dr ling is vy gentle wif him.. dat time she was examining his swollen foot.. i was helpin her hold him coz he kept struggling.. its painful mah.. then when dr ling put him down on e table for a while.. and wanted to pick him up again to see his infected eye.. guess wat he did? haha.. once dr ling reach her hand to pick him, he squealed so loudly! lol.. he muz be tinkin dr ling wans to look at his foot again! haha.. he scared mah painful.. dr ling so paiseh still say sori to my chocolate! oh my i was laughin.. haha.. and when she look at her abscess he keep usin his little hands to block.. coz he gt 1 abscess under his chin.. 2 abscesses near his left arm.. so dr ling gently pulled dat little hand of his away.. haha.. so cute rite? and e other time it was raning heavily outside.. i went in feelin so cold.. so i was like 'brr so cold..' so she said cold ah? i say 'yup..' she quickly went to increase e aircon temperature hee so touched~ and i called her like 3 times in a wk last wk.. coz chocolate condiiton keep changin.. haha feel so bad.. so i'm tinkin of bringin chocolate to see her again to see anyting she wan add on a nt.. and i wan bring my other hamster havin ear infection see her too.. thou my pearl hav been takin antiobiotic prescribed by another vet for ard 2months and e antibiotic is finishin.. but his condition did nt improve nor worsen.. so i wan bring him to dr ling see how.. i'm sure dr ling has other medicine to cure him~ hee.. u noe hamsters wif ear infection is so ke lian.. when he walk he keep shakin his head like take esctasy like dat leh.. then sometimes walk in rounds leh.. like lost his direction sobs.. anyway his name is star2..