Photo

A few tips for writing stories!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 scabbers

scabbers

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 11:21 AM

Hello, everyone! :wave: I know there are a lot of good writers, and poets out there. Here are some tips on writing, that can help you write better.

1. Always try to write about something interesting, that people will want to read and say, "Hmm, how interesting!"

2. When writing, it is a good idea :idea: to type a story on a computer so you can use a spell checker and a grammitik.

3. This is kinda weird, but sometimes while listetning to music, you can ideas, and sometimes will be able to use more describing words (adjectives, adverbs)

4. It is always good to write about something you've done such as, (if you're writing a story about hamsters, it is a good idea to own a hamster to see what a hamster is like)
--------------------------------
I also have some tips for those who write essays, and paragraphs, or other hand written work, for college, school, newspaper article, ect.

1. Coose an interesting topic.

2. Always write a first draft, revision, final copy of your work, and if allowed, type it.

3. If your are writing something informitive, it is a good idea to write about something you have done in the past of before.

4. Sometimes, if you are presenting something, such as reading it to an audiance as a speech, it may not be a good idea to include large words that are hard to pronounce.
-----

These are all the tips I could think of... I hope everyone takes a look at them.

#2 Sprinkles

Sprinkles

Rookie Hamster

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 10:59 AM

Those ideas are cool 8). Thanks :)

#3 wiffy

wiffy

Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 11:03 AM

great tips, scabbers! (I missed this post somehow) thank you so much!

Will be a good guide for all aspiring "literary contributions" writers!!! :trophy:

#4 Imi&Cinni

Imi&Cinni

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

Very useful!

#5 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts