Photo

Funny Hamster Stories

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 hamster_kyle

hamster_kyle

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 12:20 AM

:wave: Hi, I just wanted to see if any of you had any funny stories about your hamster(s)
They don't have to be funny either but maybe just interesting or strange ones :rolleyes:

My mum told me when she had her 1st hamster called Tufty it escaped and lived with some mice that used to live in their farm house. After "The Great Escape" she got another hammie and called it Tufty the 2nd. ;D

I havent got my hammie yet i've got my cage today though so i expect i will have some stories soon :laughing:

Kyle
:rolleyes:

#2 leppy663

leppy663

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 12:25 AM

Once my hamster was in his run around ball and the cat was in the room so I had to keep a close watch on him. When Chessy would run, the cat would follow the ball and when he stopped, the cat would sit and wait for him to run around again. It was very funny- like Chessy was teasing the cat! No hamster was dangered either for those of you who are concerned because I was there the whole time and my cat is very tame.

#3 berrylux

berrylux

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 04:46 AM

Well....My first dwarf, Butterscotch escaped a couple of times and usually it went to the couch and went in, (Yes inside the couch) And my brother refused to get her out unless he was given gloves. Because butterscotch was a strong biter. We had to cut holes in the couch to get her, when my brother grabbed her and as he was taking her out, she bit him hard and he yelped. THe cage she was in was the S.A.M. palace , it wasn't secure enough. I transported her to a 10 gallon, and she never escaped again, because if she did.....(My parents said if she escaped one more time after that episode, she was going straight to the animal shelter) Sadly she died last X-Mas Eve

#4 hamster_kyle

hamster_kyle

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 03:45 AM

ha there good ones any more anyone? :laughing: i wonder if less people are answering because it was moved ? :idea:

Kyle
:applause:

#5 hamster_freak

hamster_freak

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:56 AM

i have a story! my hamster has escaped a few times and every time it seemed like my hamster got homesick so i left the cage open and every time we would find my hamster in the cage fast asleep! :)

#6 hamster_kyle

hamster_kyle

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 05:06 AM

these are good :applause: any more anyone? :huh:

Kyle
:laughing:

#7 Cheeky

Cheeky

Action Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 07:54 AM

About 4 months before Sprinkles died, I would give her a piece of celery and she wouldnt take it. Instead she would walk over to my big piece and start to eat it :)

#8 Haruka

Haruka

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:08 AM

My hamster knows how to open his cage door, and he did at night. And he was hiding in the kitchen. We found him the next day.

#9 fuzzball

fuzzball

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 12:13 PM

My hamsters instead of going up the tubes the walk over their wheel,they think of it easy.They also try to comit suiside.

#10 Ham_Ham_Girl

Ham_Ham_Girl

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:21 PM

When we first got Cookie's aquarium, she thought it didn't have walls. She would launch herself at the wall only to bonk into it. Thrn she tried again. She was jumping off the food bowl.

Edited by Ham_Ham_Girl, 31 December 2004 - 09:22 PM.

#11 Jblonde

Jblonde

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:04 PM

My hamster Riggy always crawls back into his cage when we have him out, he hooks his paws and his teeth over the door frame and pulls himself back in! CHEEKY HAMMY!

#12 fuzzball

fuzzball

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 02:46 AM

Lol that is funny!

#13 Hamster191

Hamster191

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 04:04 AM

my friend just brought a hamster for her cousin. They put him in the top bit of the cage. He didn't know how to get down but he walked over the hole (to get down) and fell down.

it was pretty funny

bye

#14 Hamtaro Ham-Ham

Hamtaro Ham-Ham

Veteran Hamster

• Banned
  • 682 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 04:16 AM

i bred hamsters, and there was 1 girl, and i 4 boys. i separated them. scince i intended to keep them forever, the girl named sandy grew up till she was old enough to fend for herself. buttermilk(the mom) would lick her daughter to clean her like she did when she was smaller. lol, they get along now, but is that some kind of peace treaty? they were in the same cage the mom and daughter. i wonder why they still do it.
EDIT: i forgot to say all the boys died soon after they were in contact with there father who had some kind of sickness. it tought me a lesson not to put sick and healthy hamsters next to each other..............so i dont really rember how many boys, all i rember is having 8 hamsters in total at that time and i rember have only 1 girl.

Edited by Hamtaro Ham-Ham, 23 January 2005 - 04:23 AM.