Photo

Pet Lover's Membership Card

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 mystivacat

mystivacat

Rookie Hamster

• 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 08:09 PM

Hm.. it's not exactly a new hamster product, but u can use the card to buy hamster's products kekeke :wave:

I got to Pet Lovers at Plaza Singapura juz now, n the lady told me that if I accumulate $50 in 1 month, I can apply for Pet Lover's membership card which offers 5% discount whenever we spend $15 or more. N on our birthday (dunno day or month or week, forgotz kekeke) we get 15% discount :yummy:

Quite worth it yah? Well, juz sharing with u all :applause:

#2 bru

bru

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 09:21 PM

hmm.. i'm a bit sceptical of membership cards from petshops coz i tried out for one before, and feel a bit cheated.... :undecided:

um.... are u sure it's worth it? $50 a mth seems like a lot, unless u suddenly need to buy a nice cage with some accessories and bedding and food....

and 5% on a bill more than $15 (instead of a $15 bill, u pay $14.25) .... makes u buy more stuff than u actually plan to buy sometimes.

plus the bday thingy... will u really want to visit the shop and buy stuff on the day itself?

just my opinions.... :wave:

#3 aerodynamics

aerodynamics

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:02 AM

to each his own ya, thanks for sharing anyway

#4 mystivacat

mystivacat

Rookie Hamster

• 58 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 01:37 AM

lol =D well I wazn't really listening to the birthday thing juz now. think either on the birthday week or month, I'd better ask the shop owner again.

As for the $50 hm... I guess u can have another friend that rears small animals then u can combine both of ur receipts into 1. That way can share the disc hehe

Well... just sharing also =)

#5 bru

bru

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 07:29 AM

ohh.. hehe... so u have a fellow hamster fren? that's better lor, coz i had to chalk up the "pts" on my own. heehee... :)

#6 mystivacat

mystivacat

Rookie Hamster

• 58 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:05 AM

bru, I dun have loh hehehe *sobs* kekeke mebbe have to chalk up my own points oso =D

#7 estaefran

estaefran

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:47 PM

Hi,

this is just my opinion ah.. Feel that the Pets Lovers Centre's items are pricy. Also, i have bad encounters with their service staff months back. There's no consistence between the branches in S'pore.

The Plaza Sing branch staff totally ignored my presence though i'm the only customer in the shop.

The Bugis one is better but lack of product knowledge. Then after buying from the branch at shaw centre a few times, then the staff told me about the membership.

I was so <cheese>ed off then that i dun patronize them anymore. Also, 5% is like quite miserable as other shops offer 10% off.

#8 bru

bru

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:11 AM

oh yah, just to add on, when i first had hamsters, i sort of went on a buying frenzy. first was the cage, food and the bedding (essential stuff). that was still ok.

then i walked into a nice little petshop which sold different kinds of toilets, bathrooms, sands, shampoos, powders, armchairs, toys, gnaw stuff, tidbits, etc, and i was kind of blown away.. haha. that was when the shopkeeper managed to get me onto the membership card thingy.
i was a bit shocked at how much i spent in the first month on those peripherals.

thank goodness now i only have to buy bedding and food. :P still very tempted to buy some little things now and then to make my hamsters happy though. keke.. but i remind myself that i'll buy extra stuff to pamper them when i start earning my own $. :yes: dont feel very gd spending my parents' $... :angel: :laughing:

#9 guy

guy

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:44 PM

yeah.... i can relate to that.... when i first had hamsters , i blew around $300 by the 2nd week. :P

Anyway, I'm pretty sure some memberships have catches... there's one particular one that requires you to spend about $1000 before you can redeem the points.

Well, that shop sells fish as well, so maybe it's more suited for fish lovers... but I don't think anyone could spend $1000 on hamster food/bedding.... in a year?

#10 PearlWhiteBreed

PearlWhiteBreed

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:49 PM

The card is not bad.
I first got it after buying my first batch of hammies at PLC (Pet Lovers' Centre).
Subsequently, I use the card whenever I buy pet supplies (Eg Chinchilla sand,
food, treats, "furniture" etc.)

It's pretty worth it. :)
PLC is not bad a store.

#11 dojon

dojon

Baby Hamster

• 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

I think you can get all the things cheaper at Serangoon North.

#12 tkdg3r

tkdg3r

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:21 PM

I have the card too though I rarely buy stuff anymore from PLC. Not when I found out their prices are so exorbitant compared to other shops. And the redemptions aren't very worth it. Have to rack up don't know how many points before i can redeem a small item. I only buy from them when I need something in a hurry and there are no other pet shops around. Pets Station is cheaper and Serangoon North is even better. I got my card by buying a 50L pack of HPU for $53, after that I found out some of the shops at SN sells the same pack at $38 and I got utterly cheesed off.

The 15% discount is applicable on your birthday month.

#13 barnabas

barnabas

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

to add it on,actually for those of you who are holding on to ntuc membership,u DO NOT need to accumulate $50 to get the plc member card.