Hamster of the Month – December 2009 – Hermie

by dusty on February 10, 2010

Author::
hamster-of-the-month-december-2009-hermie

Hermie

Hamster Hideout is pleased to present the winner of December 09’s ‘Hamster of the Month’ award!

Entries: 8

Votes: 9 out of 24 (1 vote per member)

Winner: kisetsu’s Hermie

Hermie

HH: Hi Hermie, congratulations for winning Hamster of the Month! How are you feeling now?

HM: (Speaking into Google translator for ham-language to English) *squeak squeak shriek shriek*

Ham-rrific! I never felt so achieved before in my life. It’s so fulfilling, I think I can retire now. See owners, I told you I am cute. The people in HH have spoken. There is a certain degree of cuteness in me. (owner -> :mrgreen: ) Thank you so much to all who has voted for me. It’s a tough competition because all the hams are so cute. It is an encouragement for a hamster who’s being labeled as ugly since young. :down: Thank you for supporting me!

Hermie

HH: You mentioned that if you win, you would like to share your life story with our readers! Sounds interesting!

HM: Yes yes. I have a story to tell. The human world is a conspiracy! (owner -> :!: What! *pokes Hermie’s nose*) Ouch! I was born somewhere and transported to another country’s petshop as the first batch of Motted Winter Whites. I arrived into a brightly lighted tank and was housed with many of my same kind. I was constantly being bullied! They bit my ears and wouldn’t allow me to play with them and the toys. Everytime I went near them, they would gang up on me. So in my days there, I was usually at the more vacant corner, sitting alone.

One day, I was sitting in my little corner when the biggest bully came up to me and demanded that I gave up my space for him. I had it with him and decided to fight back! It was a loud and furious fight, I gave my all! But I lost and ran into the hideout to take cover.  As I was crying inside, the humans lift up the hideout and the female one pointed at me saying: “This one gotta go.”  The man in uniform grabbed me and sealed me up in a dark box. I thought this was it, they must have thought I was the troublemaker and were sending me to exile. The box opened up after a long time and I slid into a tank and inside; there were abundant food and water, some small toys and a hideout. For many days I stayed in the hideout and never came out. (owner -> “Hermie, you are such a crybaby, you cried everynight!” :-D ) Then one day, during housekeeping, I met an old wise grandham. He was the pioneer hamster there and he told me “Welcome to Hamsty World. This is your home.” He died of old age not long after that. :cry:

Hermie

HH: What’s it like living in Hamsty Hamster World? Do you have a lot of friends?

HM: The Hamsty World is maintained by 2 owners and currently there are 9 ham hams staying within close distance. This means I do have a lot of friends with me here. Our cages are located very closely, we can talk to our neighbours. It’s never quiet here. When I first came to Hamsty World, there were a lot of hammies here already. I was the youngest back then. Most are winter whites except for 2 small little talkative ones they call themselves the robos. It was a male dominated world then. We were brothers and the owners treated us equally. Gradually, the owners started adopting females. I was so happy when the owners told me one day that they would find a bride for me. Fast-forward 2 years later, I’m still SINGLE and AVAILABLE! What happen to the proposal?!  :vangry:

Hermie

HH: So do you have a girlfriend now?

HM: Like I said, the proposal never come true! The owners did find a partner for me. She was the most beautiful hammie I ever seen! She has big round eyes, soft fur and a pair of pinky ears. We grow up together. She’s my closest neighbour staying just below me. But then alas, a young fat hamster called Earl came into Hamsty and he hits off with her. The owners pronounced them as a couple instead of me :cry: . So here I am, hopelessly single. Any ham here interested in me? I’m cute you know. *Winks*

Hermie

HH: How did you get your name as Hermie? Do you have any nicknames?

HM: See, the owner is one nasty person. Because I hid in the hideout during my initial days at Hamsty, the owner said I am a hermit! :x So when naming me, she called me Hermie, derived from the word Hermit! :roll:

The co-owner is also another meanie. Because my right ear is torn from all the bite holes, he nicknamed me ‘Pirate of the Caribbean’.  The owner also keeps pronouncing my name the wrong way as ‘Hei Mee’ which sounds like ‘prawn noodle’ in their dialect language. I’m made a laughing stock by the rest of the hams. :twisted:

HH: Describe your likes and dislikes.

HM: Well, I love to hide. I prefer a shelter over my head, it’s safer. The wheel is another equipment I like, it keeps me fit and active and I run every night without fail. I also love to spend time in the communal playpen which has lots of different toys and the owners change it often so that we do not get bored. I also like to listen to conversations. :wink: Unaware to my owners, I do understand their language.

What I dislike? Being played by my 2 owners. They like to swing me in the air or put me on a big pillow then started shaking as if it’s an earthquake. :roll: Not fun at all to me. I also do not like being overfed. Let me reveal the human conspiracy! They want to make us as fat hams! The owner always says I’m malnourished and thin. But I’m just the right size unlike some of my fat neighbour hams! Everytime they give me lots of food, I will take whatever I want and pee in the bowl so that they will remove the rest. :cool: I’m clever. (owner -> “Now I know why you pee in your foodbowl! :kiss: )

HH: Anything else you would like to say to our readers?

HM: Lastly, thank you HH readers for voting me and do keep HH spirit alive. The owner always tells us that HH is the most informative and exciting place to be in. Paws up for it! :up: Now, owner, when are you going to print out the HH calendar? I’m also featured in it too you know. (owner -> “Coming soon, be patient!” :o ) Adieus lovely hams and people! :love:

Credits: HH Designer Cloudpuff for making the original award certificate and wiffy for updating it

See past and present winners, at the HH Hall of Fame

:D:-):(:o8O:?8):lol::x:P:cry::evil::twisted::roll::wink::up::down::oops::halo::idea::|::-*::!::?::$::vangry::XO::mrgreen:

1 dashingblue February 10, 2010 at 1:07 am

Absolutely love the interview!!! LOL~ Congrats Hermie!! I love all the photos of you too! Sooo cute!!!

2 crazydaisyuk February 10, 2010 at 2:16 am

What a great interview, Hermie – you deserve to be a winner :)
And don’t worry about your right ear, I have been bullied and bitten by my siblings in the past, so I know what you feel like – I think it gives us more character :)
Good Luck with finding a girlfriend – let me know when you get one, so i can congratulate you both.
Looking forward to the calendar!
your friend and fan
Oscar
(a Robo ham ham)

3 wiffy February 10, 2010 at 9:18 am

Congrats Hermie! This is such a sweet little interview to read. Can tell that your owner loves you very much. All your photos are in the “melt hearts” category, you are such a handsome boy! I agree that your right ear adds character to your cute cute face hehe … Hope you have a great celebration with the Hamstys for your recent double win :)

4 lemonadenoi February 10, 2010 at 7:06 pm

I’M SO PROUD OF YOU, HERMIE!!!!!!!!!

5 lilham February 10, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Congrats! I love your story, Hermie. Such a cute hammy <33

6 missPixy February 11, 2010 at 3:55 am

hermie, you are such a storyteller! i was completely entertained.

and handsome! i can’t believe you are still single… are there any “mature” female hamsters at the Hamsty now? perhaps older than 1 1/2 years? because then you could have a bride and not worry about becoming a dad… the older female dwarfs are no longer able to produce children, so you would have no responsibilities! i’d start now plotting a way for this to happen~~

7 kisetsu February 11, 2010 at 8:29 am

Thank you to all of you for the support *force Hermie to ham bow*. He is a talkative hammie and this interview is quite long. He’s quite a poser for photos too. :D

Hermie *interrupts*: “Oooh, Oscar robo. You’re the same as my friend Rubie!” ;) “The meanie owners finally gave me my rewards for winning, after dangling the treats in front of me for so long!” “Sigh~ my example will tell you that handsome guys usually do not get the girls.” (T_T)

8 lemonadenoi February 11, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Guess what Hermie…
Even Lolo had been married.. hahahahaha…
Nah~~ It’s OK, your time will come soon…

9 kisetsu February 12, 2010 at 8:36 am

Hermie is *extra jealous*. Haha. Congrats Lolo! :D

10 congratulations, hermieee! xx February 19, 2010 at 12:15 am

hello hermieeee (:

after reading your interview, you were a worthy winner (: i think what happened to your ear makes you really special and unique !! and i think you are really sweet and cute. i am a big fann of you and may you win many other competitons, so we can hear more about your life!!

your ‘mazing hermiee

love, love bobbles and laurennn xx

11 megan February 26, 2010 at 12:29 am

im sad :( but your hamster just made my day!

12 missPixy February 27, 2010 at 4:26 am

hermie i must say i’ve loved seeing your handsome face at the top of the hamster hideout forum homepage all month! i hope to see more pix of you in the gallery!

13 Love4Mykah March 1, 2010 at 1:43 am

Congrats Hermie! I can’t figure why anyone would call you ugly(:

Super cute!!!

14 Shelly June 3, 2010 at 8:04 pm

cute hammy I love him

15 Hamsty June 4, 2010 at 5:32 am

Hammys rock yo shelly my bff

16 Mocha June 4, 2010 at 5:33 am

Yo hamsty my BFF.

17 Mocha June 4, 2010 at 5:34 am

hello people of the hammy blog. You rock

18 hamsty October 15, 2010 at 9:50 am

yo yo you peeps need to talk some peeps are upset at this website me to just a little bit peeps on hear need to chat more so we can speak out about what we think this is cc constructive critisizm this is just to give cc not to be mean

19 hamsty October 16, 2010 at 3:17 am

OK KNOW THIS WEBSITE IS GETTING LAME LAME LAME I LOVE HAMSTERS BUT NOT YOW WEBSITE LIKE ANYMORE.

20 Paula Regina October 15, 2012 at 7:50 am

Hermie is a beautiful, beautiful hamster!
Here in Brazil it would have the nickname of ‘Kitten’ (as they are called people and very cute animals, ;o})

21 hamstersrcool January 23, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Wow your story was sooo entertaining I love it!!!!!!

22 HCG August 26, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Join in the Vancouver HCG Weight Loss diet
program with Drlederman and live a healthier and beautiful life.
Some doctors will tell you not to exercise at all while taking it.
Keep your HCG drops out of the sun and away from sources of heat, and they’ll
keep for a lot longer.

23 Buy HCG September 24, 2014 at 8:29 pm

The proper day for taking the urine test is approximately 2 weeks after having an unprotected sexual contact.
There are now a great number of weight loss blogs that now exist all over the
internet. However , while using HCG procedure, it’s possible you’ll achieve
to reduce weight even with minimal physical fitness
day to day.

24 http://www.showme.com/ August 11, 2015 at 10:15 am

This is way better compared to having shared
web hosting service or dedicated server. In terms of personal views,
the worst thing that you can find in a reporter is prejudice; in terms of personal
proclivities, the worst things that you can find is a judgmental attitude; and in terms of attention span, the
worst thing that you can find is no tolerance for boredom.
Thanks to the increase in popularity of satellite TV, dealers have sprung up all over
the Internet promising the best deals, the best service, and everything else under the sun.